(SOLVED) New TRacks modules,won't show as individual in DAW?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

(SOLVED) New TRacks modules,won't show as individual in DAW?

Postby jmgsky » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:26 pm

I just bought the Lurssen Mastering Console and am trying to access the free 10 TR5 modules. I've downloaded three (Bus Compressor, EQ73, EQ81). I've used the Authorisation Manager, which for some reason when inputting my serial numbers and offering me download always downloads the whole of TR5CS 5.1.1 and not individual FX modules.

So I've reinstalled 5.1.1 three times now! I've run 'Restore my Gear' in the Custom Shop. My DAW, Sonar has rescanned.

The three new modules show up in Sonar but only if I load TRacks CS first and then load them into that, whereas all the other modules I bought with TR5 can be loaded straight to the track FX bin. What am I doing wrong here, or failed to do?

Thanks.
Last edited by jmgsky on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmgsky

Re: New TRacks modules, won't show as individual ones in DAW

Postby jmgsky » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:59 pm

For some reason it's not authorising the VST3 dlls, even though I click on that when the install options appear on the 5.1.1. (repetitive...) install.
:? :|
jmgsky

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:29 pm

Hey jmgsky,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear of your troubles.

Makes sure to check with IK Multimedia technical support. Let them know if everything appears properly in the Custom Shop's Gear -> My Gear section with your initial email.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Do note, Lurssen Mastering Console is separate from T-RackS. This download and serial can be found in your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jmgsky » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:38 pm

Thanks Ryan.
I've opened a ticket with Technical Support.
'Custom Shop's Gear -> My Gear' shows my having acquired the modules ok. In Sonar I can load the three modules but they appear in a Custom Shop 4.10 'carrier', which I assume is because the VST2 dlls are unlocked, but I can't load them in CS 5.1.1., so somehow the VST3 dlls aren't unlocked. All very odd.
:?
Lurssen MC downloaded, installed and all working fine.
:D
jmgsky

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:11 pm

Hold on a moment - "a Custom Shop 4.10 carrier"? Did you have an earlier version of T-RackS installed? I do not know if earlier T-RackS used the VST format.

I thought that when TR5 is installed it installs the TR5 standalone program, the TR5 Suite plug-in and the individual plug-ins. Followed by the Custom Shop program and the Authorisation Manager program.

Can you Search your disk to find the TR5 plug-ins folders (for VST3 and VST?) and let us know what files are in there? Just for info, I have 3 .dll files here, including TR5 Suite (which I guess if the carrier you mentioned).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:11 pm

jmgsky wrote:Thanks Ryan.
I've opened a ticket with Technical Support.
'Custom Shop's Gear -> My Gear' shows my having acquired the modules ok. In Sonar I can load the three modules but they appear in a Custom Shop 4.10 'carrier', which I assume is because the VST2 dlls are unlocked, but I can't load them in CS 5.1.1., so somehow the VST3 dlls aren't unlocked. All very odd.
:?
Lurssen MC downloaded, installed and all working fine.
:D

Okay, so that is a good sign everything appears in 'My Gear'. I would suggest trying stand-alone out to see if this unlocks here, but keep an eye out for the support team's reply. They should be able to figure this one out for you.

Glad to hear LMC is working :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jmgsky » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:26 am

Thanks Ryan.
The modules are available in the stand alone version of TR5. All very odd.
I'm still liaising with Tech Support and hope soon to have resolved this irritating glitch!
:(
jmgsky

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:04 pm

jmgsky wrote:Thanks Ryan.
The modules are available in the stand alone version of TR5. All very odd.
I'm still liaising with Tech Support and hope soon to have resolved this irritating glitch!
:(

That is odd, but Tech Support is pretty good at figuring these things out. Stay tuned for their reply.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox