CSR Reverb

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

CSR Reverb

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:15 am

I've read on forums in various places how some people dislike CSR. I can't figure out for the life of me why. IMO these 4 reverbs offer amazing reverb for such little money. I mean, come on, you literally could buy Hall for 79 and get the other 3, plus other plugs.

But my point is not about value but rather about the quality. I've been testing them during this sale and find them convincing. They sound like high dollar reverbs to me.

Anyone else have a favorable view of CSR?
auggybendoggy2

Re: CSR Reverb

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:54 pm

So as I've been testing CSR reverb, I'm under the impression that if people don't care for them, it may be because they didn't go into the advanced settings.

One thing in particular that I've noticed in the stock presets is that vocals tend to lose their upfront flavor. However, when going into the advanced and using Color and I/O, while boosting the lows off the built in EQ, I was able to keep the vocals upfront.

So far I'm very pleased with the sound of CSR.
auggybendoggy2

Re: CSR Reverb

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:42 am

So it dawned on me, perhaps there's a difference between the 32bit CSR and 64bit. Perhaps that is why some comments I read about it were, in my opinion, too critical.
auggybendoggy2

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox