Crackling Noise In "One" Mastering Processor

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Crackling Noise In "One" Mastering Processor

Postby Dufay » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Very happy with the "One" processor..except..the "Air - Body - and Focus" knobs produce a glitchy zipping noise when turned. I've seen it mentioned at Gearslutz, but I have not seen a resolution mentioned anywhere. I'm on Win 7 64bit, NVidia card.
Any solutions or explanations?
Dufay

Re: Crackling Noise In "One" Mastering Processor

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Hey Dufay,

Thanks for your post.

Check with IK Multimedia support what could be up here.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

In the meantime, try adjusting your Audio Buffer size to a higher value to see if this helps. This is a heavier module with all of the 'behind the scenes' processing going on.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Dufay » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:34 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I quadrupled the buffer, but it made no difference..I'm kind of surprised no one else has this problem. Again, on Gearslutz, though there was no solution, a couple of people on Win10 said they had "no issues"...Is it a win 7 thing?
Dufay

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:08 pm

Dufay wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. I quadrupled the buffer, but it made no difference..I'm kind of surprised no one else has this problem. Again, on Gearslutz, though there was no solution, a couple of people on Win10 said they had "no issues"...Is it a win 7 thing?

That is a bit odd. I do want to say this would not be considered normal behavior for T-RackS 5 Do note, this is a user-to-user discussion forum and not direct tech support. I would strongly suggest checking with support. The link below can be used to open a ticket. Make sure to include as much information as you can.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox