De-esser

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

De-esser

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:44 pm

I'm trialing the De-esser. One thing I've noticed, and not sure if it's a bug, but when selecting the "Listen Mode" - DE-ESS selected - I get to monitor just the signal being removed. But if I change the selection to - Normal - it will return back to normal. After this, I can't seem to monitor just the De-essed frequencies. It just stops working. If I reload the plugin, it works again. Basically it only works 1 time. Is this norm or should I put in a support ticked?
auggybendoggy2

Re: De-esser

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Is it possible to use the quad limiter to De-ess vocals? Seems like you can narrow your range then limit the really high frequencies. What would the De-esser be doing differently?
auggybendoggy2

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:43 pm

You may be able to do similar tasks with different processors like Quad Limiter but I would report your de-esser issue to IK Support if you have not done so as they will surely be able to assist and get you up and running with the purpose-built processor for de-essing.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:58 am

Today it didn't do it. I'm thinking maybe a reboot was in order. If it manifests again, I'll def put in for a ticket. Thanks Peter.
auggybendoggy2

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox