Quad Series

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Quad Series

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:38 pm

Does anyone else think the Quad series are amazing. I'm trying them out and find they really can shape the sound without sounding artifical. I'm not a pro so maybe my ear is just bad but I'm liking them quite a bit. I guess I'm feeling like maybe they're under-rated.
auggybendoggy2

Re: Quad Series

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:59 pm

They are VERY underrated. Quad Comp is an incredible tool. They are all good, but I love Quad Comp the most out of all of them.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:06 am

Peter, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm new to audio production but these quad series allow you to apply compression/limiting/stereo widening to particular frequencies w/o applying it to the whole. Is my understanding right about that?
auggybendoggy2

Postby DarkStar » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:13 am

Not Peter, but, you're right. Here's a snippet from the T-RackS User Guide:

The Quad Comp is one of the four modules in the Multiband series of IK Multimedia plug ins for T-RackS. Multiband processing at the core of this plug-in splits the incoming signal into up to four frequency bands and treats each one separately with a dedicated set of controls. The width of each band can be finely adjusted so that the processing can be very selective (in case of a narrow band) or spread across a wider range. Each band is loaded with an optical compressor of particular effectiveness but with a very smooth sound and a full set of adjustable parameters.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:20 am

Thanks for confirming that Dark. My only wish is that each plugin had a tutorial in the manual. As much as I feel I'm able to achieve some nice results with any T-racks plugins, I do wish there was more info. Perhaps some youtube videos or amazon books may be helpful.
auggybendoggy2

Postby DarkStar » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:56 am

The ideas behind multi-band working are generic - and the controls that the QUAD series offer are pretty standard. Just Google "multi-band compression" etc for a whole lot of stuff.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox