Trial Reset

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Trial Reset

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:13 am

During this sale period for T-rackS, I trialed nearly every unit to decide which to pick up. Unfortunately, the trial has ran out and I cannot trial another. Even if I want to buy one after the sale, I simply can only trial it with the hiss under a DAW.

I believe a persons Trial for all plugins should reset as soon as they register a new product.

The hiss is so annoying that I don't have time to actually test it because by the time another part in the song is played, which has different dynamics, it's hissing.

I understand the trial ending and the person doesn't buy or register a new plugin, but if we do, wouldn't you want us to continue to trial the plugins?

Just a suggestion.
auggybendoggy2

Re: Trial Reset

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:51 am

You should be able to try each plugin for the set amount of time individually (not one single period of time for ALL plugins you try in T-RackS). Please contact IK Support with your issue trying plugins and they will assist you as the users, mods, or admins of this forum do not have access to the demo system nor to your account to make any changes if any are necessary.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:11 am

Peter, I did try each plugin for the set amount of time. I clicked "try" 15 times on 15 different modules and each one had the clock start. Each one has run out of time and I can now only trial them from within a DAW with the annoying hiss.

At least if someone like me buys or registers a new unit, they can trial again ANY unit they like so they can decide which one to purchase next.

I'm simply suggesting a policy change in how trials can be more helpful for us shoppers.

I'll contact Support with this suggestion but I doubt they'll change anything.

Cheers,
auggybendoggy2

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:13 am

auggybendoggy2 wrote:Peter, I did try each plugin for the set amount of time. I clicked "try" 15 times on 15 different modules and each one had the clock start. Each one has run out of time and I can now only trial them from within a DAW with the annoying hiss.

At least if someone like me buys or registers a new unit, they can trial again ANY unit they like so they can decide which one to purchase next.

I'm simply suggesting a policy change in how trials can be more helpful for us shoppers.

I'll contact Support with this suggestion but I doubt they'll change anything.

Cheers,

They may be able to reset your trial period under certain circumstances.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:47 am

That would be good. The another option would be, if you trial more than one plugin in a daw, after the trial period has ended, then only 1 hiss for all modules being tried out.

When I put in 3 modules, I get 3 times the hissing. If I do more, i'll hear nothing but hissing. The hissing stacks. At the very least, just do one hissing no matter how many modules are being tried.
auggybendoggy2

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox