Switched from RTAS to AAX - now TrackS confusion

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Switched from RTAS to AAX - now TrackS confusion

Postby mwhelan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:08 pm

I recently upgraded from PT9 to PT2018. As a result, I need to change all my plugins from RTAS to AAX format.

There doesn't seem to be an option to just change my existing CS plugins from RTAS to AAX. Instead, it seems I have to download Tracks5, but this is installing additional plugins that I have not bought... as a result, they are not authorised. This means my plugin menus in PT contain unauthorised plugins, which is a PITA.

What's the best way for me to simply migrate only my existing CS plugins from RTAS to AAX?

Thanks in advance
mwhelan

Re: Switched from RTAS to AAX - now TrackS confusion

Postby mwhelan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:59 am

OK, I've been through all the threads I could find on this topic. It seems that this is how IK works: all TrackS modules get loaded with CS... whether I have bought them or not. Makes no sense to me - it just clutters up my screens & results in additional clicks to get to what I need.

Next question... I have lots of old PT9 sessions that use my TrackS 1 / 3 / / Deluxe / Grand plugins. But, since they were RTAS only versions, they don't load into the PT2018 sessions anymore. Is there anyway for me to download the AAX version of the legacy plugins?... if not, does this mean I have to go back & manually replace each disabled RTAS plugin with the new AAX / CS equivalent? Please tell me this is not the case. I have no way of knowing what the settings were on those old plug ins.

Thanks in advance
mwhelan

Postby garfy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:22 am

Hi mwhelan and welcome to the forum

In answer to your first point, yes all plug-ins are installed to allow for easier demo-ing if required. Some people have gone through their plugin folders and deleted any that they didn't want there (there are old forum posts about this but it will then make it more difficult to demo in the future) or some DAWs (such as Logic) allow you to deactivate any plugins you don't want loaded at start up. Does PT have anything like that?

As for swapping RTAS to AAX format in an old project, you may be better off lodging a ticket with official IK support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ They will be able to give you some one-to-one advice.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby mwhelan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome & comprehensive explanation. I’ll have a think about what to do.
mwhelan

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox