T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Postby Obitheincredible » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:39 am

That's a good idea, what do you think of the current Classic EQ and the Linear Phase EQ? Both have served as high quality mastering grade Equalizers for many peoples music...
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby yabino974 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:02 am

I think they are quite good.

The Classic EQ, would use it more on tracks and the Linear Phase EQ, well, too transparent, too "precise".

For what I do and the way I work, mastering is not about correcting mistakes, but enhancing the sound.

So I really like to have character as a Mastering EQ. A piece of gear that has a sound, a tone. Almost a "soul" ;).

The piece I'm dreaming of as software emulation are :
- EAR 825Q
- Manley Massive Passive
- Fairman TMEQ
- Chandler Limited TG12345 Curve Bender

Talking about mastering, let's not forget the 2 missing compressors in the plugins realm IMHO :
- Manley Variable Mu
- Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor

;)
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby Obitheincredible » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Personally I like precise, when I want a mojo or tone styled EQ I usually reach for the Pultec Vintage Tube Program Equalizer.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby yabino974 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:50 pm

obitheincredible wrote:Personally I like precise, when I want a mojo or tone styled EQ I usually reach for the Pultec Vintage Tube Program Equalizer.

Well, the pultec has no filters, and not enough bands, so it's out of the equation to me.

Far from what I would call a dedicated Mastering EQ.
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby Obitheincredible » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:49 pm

That's understandable, thanks for your requests and suggestions. Those are some nice EQs you listed.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby sbn » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:17 am

I want to see some reverb effect (simple version of CSR) in standalone version of T-Rack to not open Cubase and do mastering there. I think standalone version is a great one to do complete mastering for a track and it's perfect to do mastering for an album . Just sometime need add a little bit reverb on overall sound to get some great result.

I hope to see some new effects in the soon future.
sbn

Postby Obitheincredible » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:26 pm

That is a cool suggestion, you never know what we are working on next...
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby sidfrancistepperwein » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Just to chime in on the EQ: I got the Classic EQ and the sound is really really good. Only thing I don´t like is the handling/graphics. I have to admit, that I chose my goto EQ according to ergonomics as well as sound.
Same with the other older models of IK. Perhaps an optical cure would do them good? I would not be astonished if more people would give attention to them then just because they don´t look so ugly...
I had the Opto Comp, the red one, and it was my perfect solution. But I bought the LA2A now, just because the looks of the old faithful :oops: :lol: Naturally also sounding as good ;) or at least nearly...
sidfrancistepperwein

Postby yabino974 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Well, I think they should offer the ability to hide the curve in the Classic EQ.

There's nothing better that mixing without something influencing your choices, like a "strange looking" curves at times :).
yabino974

Postby sbn » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:03 am

I finally got some time to work on mixdown and mastering with T-racks. Guys, Vintage Tube Program Equalizer is most useful instrument in mixing. really great one. I really like to see something like this in new update.

I got a question. I thinking to buy ARC System 2. But, what I see on forum, people say that ARC not open in T-Racks standalone version, cuz I personally like use this version of plugin only for mastering.
Last edited by sbn on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbn

Postby sbn » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:14 am

I know , all updates info is secret a moment. But I wanna mention one thing. If there will be T-Racks 3 update or T-Racks 4? My personal option, keep same plug in, cuz there already tracks mixed with T-Racks 3 plugins, and install another one plug- in , well, it's not world's end see two version installed , but still we will see also in the future versions 5, 6,7....etc

Sorry for my bad English.
sbn

Postby mranderson » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Be lovely to see an ssl channel strip on offer in the T-racks singles.

Oh well can only dream..
mranderson

Postby melchizedek666 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:15 pm

How about the Pultec MEQ-5?!
melchizedek666

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:25 pm

sbn wrote:I know , all updates info is secret a moment. But I wanna mention one thing. If there will be T-Racks 3 update or T-Racks 4? My personal option, keep same plug in, cuz there already tracks mixed with T-Racks 3 plugins, and install another one plug- in , well, it's not world's end see two version installed , but still we will see also in the future versions 5, 6,7....etc

Sorry for my bad English.

T-RackS Custom Shop is the equivalent of T-RackS 4. We'll move forward as we do with AmpliTube Custom Shop adding gear to it regularly. Keeping T-RackS 3 plugins as they were helps with previous projects as they remain as they were using T-RackS 3 plugins and you can migrate if and when you want to.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby qpress » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:40 am

Hi,

My T-RackS CS wish list:

- I would like to change the order of the processors like the stomps in AmpliTube 3 !!!

- Deesser: It would be great to solo/mute not just the deess band but the other bands to apply different effects, eqs to the different bands. Like in the Eiosis E2Deesser.

- New graphic design to the Brithis Channel :) For example the design of the Black 76 much better.

- Changable GUI/skins (AmpliTube too)

- Short name in the host mixer view

- Single delays from Amplitube

- improve the sound in CSR (like Relab LX480, NI RC48)

Thanks!
qpress

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox