T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Postby yabino974 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:41 am

sbn wrote:I think, IK need do some noise reduction plugin, not for mastering process, it's more for mixing and clearn audio from backup noises.

A moment, I think there really great setup in T-Racks CS for mastering process. but sure any new components always welcome. I'm use Bus Compressor everywhere. So amazing tool for all. mixing and mastering.

I think also some tube saturators effects , would be great for mixdown process, on synths and drums. To get some more "crispy fat in sound". tube with eq for low, mid and high. to get much fatness body of sound but same way some "crispy" tone.

I don't agree about the fact that for mastering, there is already what's needed.

I never use any of the T-RackS EQ for mastering, as to me, there simply isn't one that does the job yet. For mixing, the Classic EQ and Pultec emulation are good. But not enough. Something like 1073/1081 emulations and 550B would be most welcome here.

As for mastering, there is no emulation of gear like : Manley Massive Passive, Chandler Limited Curve Bender, Millennia NSEQ-2, EAR 825Q, SONTEC MES-462, Avalon 2077, Fairman TMEQ, or GML Model 9500. That's the kind of EQ I'd want to use to master.

Same goes for compressors. For mixing, the Black 76 and White 2A are awesome. The Bus Compressor too, for mixing trough it. But for mastering, nothing. I'm hoping for things like : Manley Vari-Mu, Maselec MLA-2, API 2500, Neve 33609, Thermionic Phoenix, and Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor emulations to complete that task with T-RackS.
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby sbn » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:05 pm

Well. All this kind of taste. I'm got results with T-racks that I wanna hear, somebody other maybe need another vst plug-ins. But to say that T-Racks not good for mastering, well, just you maybe got result that you want with another companies plugins , that's all. ;)
sbn

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:12 pm

To me the Linear Phase EQ is best for mastering as opposed to the others good for both mastering and mixing, and that's exactly what it is there for. The other EQs have the character, and Linear Phase EQ lets you get on with anything more "surgical" and precise. I would welcome more EQs but to say what we have isn't suited to master seems a bit out of place in my opinion. But I come from a leaner console-based experience so while I appreciate the "vintage" I also appreciate the beauty of having the right tools for the job as if I were in a studio behind a console with a particular set of tools that were said studio's "signature" when all used together with skill and talent to guide the knobs :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby glewan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:09 pm

While it's somewhat contrary to the purpose of an "in the box" solution like T-RackS, I would love the ability to load a I/O into one (or more) of the blocks in the standalone application.

While I think that the T-RackS processors are great, it seems unlikely that there could be a return on investment for IK in producing a model every possible piece of hardware mentioned (there are tons of different devices mentioned in this thread alone). Having the ability to insert a hardware I/O into the chain would help to bridge that gap for users that may own some of the original hardware processors, and would make the standalone application much more powerful.

Right now, in order to insert hardware in between different T-RackS processors, you have to use a separate DAW and can't hold everything in one instance of T-RackS, which makes parallel processing more cumbersome and eliminates the ability to make use of the Compare function. Ideally, the T-RackS shell would support adding I/O as an option to any of the blocks in the processing chain.
glewan

Postby loorenz » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:36 pm

A Distressor emulation would be great 8-)
loorenz

Postby clintmartin » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:49 am

I would like to see a tape simulation plugin like Kramer MPX or the one from Slate. I think it would sit nicely beside that new echo plex and bus comp!
clintmartin

Postby LasseWester » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:34 am

I would like to see a plugin like waves MaxxBass or NuGen Audio Monofilter.
And some Tape simulation plugin, i'm a glad T-RackS CS Grand owner :D
LasseWester

Postby yabino974 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:49 pm

clintmartin wrote:I would like to see a tape simulation plugin like Kramer MPX or the one from Slate. I think it would sit nicely beside that new echo plex and bus comp!

I second that, a mastering tape emulation, with the ability to really tweak the sound "under the hood".

And featuring a 3.75 IPS tape speed, as well as at least 2 tape formulas.

Also, the Waves KMT is great because you can bypass the tape, and use only the tube amplifier stage, which is subtle but adds to the sound.

Sometimes I use it without the tape, and abuse the amplifier a bit for a smooth saturation. Sounds great !

PS : Don't forgot my comments about the Vintage 670 compressor. It could benefit from those 5+ years of analog modeling experience and progress. Especially that tube amplifier stage, which could be more complex and really saturate.
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby Obitheincredible » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:29 am

Some cool suggestions and some stuff already in the works too...
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby yabino974 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:08 am

obitheincredible wrote:Some cool suggestions and some stuff already in the works too...

Sounds like we'll get new T-RackS gear at the AES show ?!
yabino974

Postby Obitheincredible » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:32 pm

We've been updating the T-Racks Custom Shop regularly on our own time frame and not for specific trade shows.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby yabino974 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:37 am

That's right.

Then maybe it will be sooner ;)...
yabino974

Postby Obitheincredible » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:54 pm

You never know whats next here at IK.... 8-)
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby volker.waltinger » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:41 pm

...how about a high quality 30 band eq for example (like Waves GEQ etc.)...? :) The very best to you all, u are making great stuff indeed, Volker
volker.waltinger

Postby hermetico » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:45 pm

I suggest following topics, sorry if they were already discussed; this thread is so long...

Not just limited to T.racks but, also to Amplitube, becasue both are highly related, at the end.

Amplitube's cabs miking section:
- Possibility to get cab's mics separated in different tracks, to have complete control of the virtual miking system. This include the two "cab" mics and, also the ambience mics.
This could leave us with the possibility to process differently each mic input.
- mic pre-amps. We all know that even using same mic, pre-amps make a huge difference in sound.
- three mics (one "main" center one, two side ones)

More possibilites for bass guitars:
- more amps
- more dedicated studio plugins
- possibility to mix a 15" speaker with a 4 x 10" or 8 x 10" cab.
- subwoofer recording (for better low-end sense), with mic output in a separed track.

Studio Gear:
- more emulations of mythical gear: Neve, API-5000, TC Electronics system 6000, etc.
- more emulations of modern gear: Pendulo, Weiss, Drawner, Manley, Finalizer...
- headphones correction system (to emulate the sound on monitor)
- dedicated pre-amp emulations (like Great River, etc.)
- Meters with K-System (Bob Katz's K-System)
- Stereo enhancer plugin

Guitar gear:
- more boutique amps: Dumble, Trainor, Matchless, Dr.Z, Komet, ...
- more mythical "production" amps: Hi-watt, JTM-45, 1959, Blues breaker, ...

ARC System:
- different target environments to check portability of sound: Cinema, broadcast, car, plane, etc.
hermetico

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox