T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:05 pm

What would I like to see in Tracks? How about a dynamic eq? This is not a simple eq/compressor deal. Google is your friend for more.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby pcrescue » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Sidechain sidechain sidechain......
Thank you!
pcrescue

Postby kingrossmartyn » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:27 pm

I'd love to be able to mix stems in the standalone software.
kingrossmartyn

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:04 pm

kingrossmartyn wrote:I'd love to be able to mix stems in the standalone software.

That's becoming more and more like a daw which would do the job better than could be done in TRacks. TRacks is NOT recording software.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby rollasoc » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:09 pm

I would like to see a downloadable PDF updating the mixing and mastering book with examples using the new plug ins that have been released since.

Useful book, but getting out of date now.
rollasoc

Postby n2mpujack » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:40 pm

What would I like to see in TRacks? Actually not so much the TRacks shell but for the individual plugins and that is sidechaining. Not one plugin has sidechaining available. This is really necessary, especially for compressors.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby cdillnerhagen » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:51 pm

There is still a noticable difference in the sound quality of the plugins compared to the hardware units like for example the LA-2A and 1176.

In the comparisons I've heard the hardware sounds more open, detailed, effortless and has more energy. The plugins sounds smaller and a bit smudged in comparison.

I'm guessing that getting the sound equal to or better than the hardware would hog up the computer completely with AAX versions.

So I would like to se Audio Suite versions with "no holds barred" rendering with extreme quality.
cdillnerhagen

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:08 am

cdillnerhagen wrote:There is still a noticable difference in the sound quality of the plugins compared to the hardware units like for example the LA-2A and 1176.

In the comparisons I've heard the hardware sounds more open, detailed, effortless and has more energy. The plugins sounds smaller and a bit smudged in comparison.

I'm guessing that getting the sound equal to or better than the hardware would hog up the computer completely with AAX versions.

So I would like to se Audio Suite versions with "no holds barred" rendering with extreme quality.

Actually with the speed and power of today's computers (actually any well specified machine from the last couple of years) that's no longer a roadblock. It's eminently possible to get 'extreme' quality without resorting to dsp which is why HDX systems aren't selling.

As to Audio Suite remember that's a PT only deal and IK has a lot more systems to deal with compatibility-wise.

The only reason plugins sound 'smaller and a bit smudged' as compared to hardware is all in one's own mind. Do a double-blind test and I sincerely doubt that unless you have 'golden ears' you ain't going to hear the difference. I've been both sides of the glass and right now I'll take a well-programmed plugin over the hardware. Lots cheaper and you can run say LA2A's on every track; just try to afford even two of them in real life.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby yabino974 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:04 pm

So IK, anything new in the pipeline ?

I smell mastering gear. Right ?
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:43 pm

kj.metissage wrote:So IK, anything new in the pipeline ?

I smell mastering gear. Right ?

I thought IK already billed TRacks as a mastering solution? What else are you looking for?

Remember that mastering is more than just some plugins or hardware - it takes a dedicated, well-mannered room with a great set of ears to accomplish good things.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby yabino974 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Oh really ? I thought it only took the Lurssen plugin. :D

Of course I'm aware of that.

I'm hoping for some master tape emulation, as well s more compressors and equalizers dedicated to mastering.

Manley stuff, AMPEX...
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:20 pm

kj.metissage wrote:Oh really ? I thought it only took the Lurssen plugin. :D

Of course I'm aware of that.

I'm hoping for some master tape emulation, as well s more compressors and equalizers dedicated to mastering.

Manley stuff, AMPEX...

I wouldn't mind seeing decent Manley emulations but that might be problematical from a licensing point of view. NI already does a Massive Passive emulation as well as a VariMu emulation. Generally the VariMu is not seen as a mastering compressor but for the two bus.

Tape emulations have been done to death by other companies.

Something I'd like to see in the non-mastering realm is non-dsp versions of the Empirical Labs stuff. UAD does some good stuff but you need their dsp box.
Last edited by n2mpujack on Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby yabino974 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:29 pm

I hear you man.

As far as licensing goes, it could be like the API emulations that IK released. They changed the GUI, and boom, problem gone.

Plus, Manley haven't patented their knob design so it shouldn't be a problem.

About tape, IK have a different modeling process, so I'm sure it would not be a dupe plugin. And they could do a different model, add more tape formulas, offer a greater range of tape speed, and so on.

For instance Waves did an AMPEX 350, but it could be improved, and I'll trust IK more to do that properly, not to mention the advancements in modeling they have done throughout the years.
yabino974

Postby stan.k » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:45 pm

A small update to the stand-alone application would be great. I am missing some simple functionality like zooming in and out the wave form with a mouse and CTRL/ALT like, say, in Cubase. It's a bit tedious to have to click on those miniature '-' and '+' buttons.

Also, an ability to move the files around on the left, don't understand why it's not possible.

And a tape emulator would be nice. Some folks in this thread do make a good point about all the available tape emulations out there but, unfortunately, can't use them in the stand-alone version, which is a shame.

And last but not least: mp3 export which is a must for a mastering app.

Other than that - a happy customer.

EDIT: Oh yes, almost forgot, the ability to move the modules around. Again, how is this still not possible?
stan.k

Postby forrestgore » Tue May 10, 2016 7:12 am

A cooler delay unit
forrestgore

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox