T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Postby yabino974 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi !

I'll tell you what I dream of :P.

To begin : enhanced versions of the Black 76 and White 2A, featuring their input and output stage, which are not modeled in the current versions, so we can get even more color and thickness from them.

That said, here is the gear I'd like to see.

EQUALIZERS :
- Neve 1073
- API 550B
- EAR 825Q
- Manley Massive Passive
- Fairman TMEQ
- Chandler Limited Curve Bender
- Chandler Limited Germanium Tone Control
- Millennia NSEQ-2

COMPRESSORS :
- Neve 33609
- dbx 160
- Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor
- Manley Vari-Mu
- Fairman TMC
- Chandler Limited Zener Limiter
- Chandler Limited Germanium Compressor

SATURATION TOOLS :
- Thermionic Culture Vulture mastering PLUS
- Master Tape Emulation plugin
- Custom Tube Preamp plugin

FX :
- a custom Tape Delay plugin
- Roland Dimension D
- custom Phaser plugin
- custom Flanger plugin
- vintage Lexicon reverb

Think that's enough :D ! We can always dream, but I really hope that someday, everything on that list will have a faithful emulation.

And please don't point me at UAD for some stuff, I don't want to be tied to a card with overpriced plugins (IMHO).
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby stedeb37 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:47 pm

DEESSER !!!
stedeb37

Postby Surf Whammy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:39 pm

I like the idea of having an advanced two-channel noise gate which additionally supports ducking, like the Alesis 3630 Dual Channel Compressor/Limiter/Gate unit (a personal favorite) . . .

Alesis 3630 Dual Channel Compressor/Limiter/Gate

Lots of FUN! :)
Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surf Whammy

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Hmmm... I've seen discussions about the 3630, they are cheap enough IRL I'd say plus that's a pretty lo-fi model, eh? Not being a cork sniffer because I really do love me some affordable gear but I don't know if I could get behind that one. Just being honest.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mvh9591 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:49 am

Make au and/or vst available in standalone mode so I could use other 3rd party processors.

mvh
mvh9591

Postby mvh9591 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:01 am

Peter_IK wrote:Hmmm... I've seen discussions about the 3630, they are cheap enough IRL I'd say plus that's a pretty lo-fi model, eh? Not being a cork sniffer because I really do love me some affordable gear but I don't know if I could get behind that one. Just being honest.

Easy Peter - I use a 3630 in my live rig - It does the job -

Peter - I have one question - I bought T-Racks 3 Deluxe. Why is it I can only use the processors that came with the package in the standalone mode? I have a few great processors from other companies I'd really like to incorporate into my chain. Now things being the way they are I am forced to perform my mastering in my DAW vs. T-Racks standalone if I want to use my additional processors. To me - This just doesn't seem right. I would understand if this was the entry level but I have the "Deluxe" version.

My thoughts - mvh
mvh9591

Postby brianbane » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:48 am

Great gear requests.
I see a few recurring themes.
brianbane
1K Club

Postby KevWestbeats » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:56 pm

I would love to see some channel strips and/or console emulation modules in T Racks. I would like to see T Racks turn into a mixing and mastering suite by IK rather than having the CSR stuff seperate. Amplitube is great seperate but think about how many people would buy T Racks if it came with a great set of reverbs, eqs and compressors. I would also love to see some delays added to said bundle. People like bundles and the total studio and workstations are great bundles but what about the guys who just want a ton of mixing and mastering fx? I think they would jump on something like this especially for $300 or so.
KevWestbeats

Postby gtracs » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:18 pm

I'd like to see a plug authorization process that

1. is not the most tedious in the industry by far,

2. works, and

3. doesn't leave you with an ear-damaging burst of periodic white noise when it doesn't.

*** I am not an IK basher--I regularly share your iOS-gear posts on FB, e.g. Love the company overall.
gtracs

Postby tlbergman » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:27 pm

I would like to see the ARC room correction working on a monitor-only output channel in T-Racks standalone for mastering.

In that way you wouldn't have to worry about turning ARC off everytime you want to output to disc.
tlbergman

Postby jeffw9 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:46 pm

LA3A
Neve 1073

Thanks.
jeffw9

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:41 pm

gtracs wrote:I'd like to see a plug authorization process that

1. is not the most tedious in the industry by far,

2. works, and

3. doesn't leave you with an ear-damaging burst of periodic white noise when it doesn't.

*** I am not an IK basher--I regularly share your iOS-gear posts on FB, e.g. Love the company overall.

Do you have a ticket number where the Authorization Manager issues you are having on your system were not handled to your satisfaction? I would assume so, since one would typically have best results reporting specific issues they are having to Tech Support. The authorization process is not tedious for many thousands (every time I install a product it is a short process with very few steps, and I'm remote just like any user so it isn't working better for me because I'm with IK), and you can be among those many thousands that have it work VERY well and smoothly for them. Please PM your ticket number or post here and we'll have someone help you out.

Thank you for sharing our iOS gear posts and for the love, but we want to love you back (at least in a platonic way) and get your Authorization Manager issues sorted promptly. Love does not come with noise bursts or frustration, so Tech Support can be our couples therapy.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby yabino974 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:21 pm

Still waiting for the promised input and output stage saturation/distortion modeling updates for Black 76 and White 2A.

The Black 76 compression behaviour is awesome compared to the native competition, but using the ALL buttons modes, it falls apart, due to the lack of input/output stage modeling.

I prefer the Black 76 almost every time on ratios 4,8, 12 and 20. But as said, when it comes to the ALL buttons mode, well no comment...

The difference is that the FET and latest UAD versions, saturate the peaks in a nice "creamy" way, and makes the whole stuff sounds "glued", whereas with the IK and Waves versions peaks are going crazy and it sounds thinner IMHO.

I tried to put URS Saturation with the JFET algo after it but it doesn't sound anywhere near the real deal.

I know you can get it right, bring it on guys :D !
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby tlbergman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:10 pm

I would like to see in the Standalone view, the ability to change the field sizes or something so we can see the full data in fields. This is imperative if we have several versions of a tune and we need to verify that we are working with the right version either by name, date, etc.
tlbergman

Postby yabino974 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Please allow me to insist on modeling a Mastering EQ.

A vintage one, that has character and a nice tone, with HP and LP filters, of course.
yabino974

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox