T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Postby volker.waltinger » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:29 am

Nothing new, used to post it already, but just to "remind" you again:
...the possibility to save files as MP3s, AAC, FLAC and Apple Lossless (iTunes format) would be so cool! To avoid another conversion.
A built-in good quality converter (like the Fraunhofer in the new Sonnox Codec Toolbox or Sony Soundforge etc.) is one thing T-RackS as a standalone mastering suite is actually missing!
As I had to recently buy the new Codec Toolbox to get my files iTunes/Web-ready more easily, I had to think of it again. And if I looked on the actual low price of the Toolbox I thought that it maybe could not be that difficult to give T-RackS something like that.
But, you know, I´m no technician at all... ;)
...another (again not new) wish for a new T-RackS would be a MONO-button on the output. Just to have the files checked before/while saving/mastering it.
Those things would be of course primarily important and useful on the use of T-RackS standalone for mastering applications.
If used within a DAW, there are those options provided by the DAW itself most of the time (except the most "important" DAW on the market-PT11-which actually has no direct possibility to switch the Master Channel to Mono/Stereo to check the compatibility, phase etc...so there T-RackS-Metering as the last piece in the chain could do this job very usefully if having a Mono button e.g.)
Anyway.
That are just my personal thoughts about it of course.
Have a great time, guys! Looking forward to seeing future gear! :)
The recently new gear btw is very nice indeed, beautifully sounding stuff :!: ,

the very best to you, guys,

VRW
volker.waltinger

Postby sbn » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:35 am

About mono.

I like to see some plugin in T-Racks that allow me do "cut" mono "effect" on sub / low ends till 150 hz (for example or whatever mono I need). I use sometime "imager" to do this . But I think it's not so hard to do just a new instrument for this. This is really will help , if you work with modern music, where need keep kick drum on front.
sbn

Postby hermetico » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:52 pm

kj.metissage wrote:
sbn wrote:I think, IK need do some noise reduction plugin, not for mastering process, it's more for mixing and clearn audio from backup noises.

A moment, I think there really great setup in T-Racks CS for mastering process. but sure any new components always welcome. I'm use Bus Compressor everywhere. So amazing tool for all. mixing and mastering.

I think also some tube saturators effects , would be great for mixdown process, on synths and drums. To get some more "crispy fat in sound". tube with eq for low, mid and high. to get much fatness body of sound but same way some "crispy" tone.

I don't agree about the fact that for mastering, there is already what's needed.

I never use any of the T-RackS EQ for mastering, as to me, there simply isn't one that does the job yet. For mixing, the Classic EQ and Pultec emulation are good. But not enough. Something like 1073/1081 emulations and 550B would be most welcome here.

As for mastering, there is no emulation of gear like : Manley Massive Passive, Chandler Limited Curve Bender, Millennia NSEQ-2, EAR 825Q, SONTEC MES-462, Avalon 2077, Fairman TMEQ, or GML Model 9500. That's the kind of EQ I'd want to use to master.

Same goes for compressors. For mixing, the Black 76 and White 2A are awesome. The Bus Compressor too, for mixing trough it. But for mastering, nothing. I'm hoping for things like : Manley Vari-Mu, Maselec MLA-2, API 2500, Neve 33609, Thermionic Phoenix, and Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor emulations to complete that task with T-RackS.

++++1

IK Multimedia guys seem to have THE technology to do it, what can be easily heard in other emulations of mythical studio outboard gear (which I love to dead)!.
So, explode that potential and you will eat competence with potatoes. :mrgreen:
hermetico

Postby Obitheincredible » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:03 pm

sbn wrote:About mono.

I like to see some plugin in T-Racks that allow me do "cut" mono "effect" on sub / low ends till 150 hz (for example or whatever mono I need). I use sometime "imager" to do this . But I think it's not so hard to do just a new instrument for this. This is really will help , if you work with modern music, where need keep kick drum on front.

You can certainly do this with Mid/Side processing like we have added to most of our T-Racks models. So, take your pick of a T-Racks EQ and it can be done! :D
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby petemarriott » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:25 am

- Tape emulation (For the obvious reasons)
- Subharmonic generator (Gotta have that low end weight behind those 808's)
- Transient designer (Greater control of drums are never a bad thing)
- Tube Pre-Amp emulation (For the obvious reasons)
petemarriott

Postby volker.waltinger » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:39 am

- Tape emulation (For the obvious reasons)
- Subharmonic generator (Gotta have that low end weight behind those 808's)
- Transient designer (Greater control of drums are never a bad thing)
- Tube Pre-Amp emulation (For the obvious reasons)

...very good n useful ideas IMO indeed (there´s someone who knows about mastering, I guess ;) ) :!: 8-)
++++1

...but, please, anyway, don´t forget about the MP3 converter/Mono-button too ;)!

Mac Mini i7, 16GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.8.5, Apogee Quartet, Pro Tools 11.0.2, Logic Pro X 10.0.3, Genelec Active, Yamaha NS10, IK Multimedia, Waves, SSL Duende Native etc.
volker.waltinger

Postby kennethglod » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:35 pm

dbx160 all the way.
also couldn't agree more on the improving the black76 and white2A modeling
they sound OK but they could sound AWESOME.
have to remember that those two plugins are SO popular so why are we paying for an OK version instead of one that could be as great sounding as your more recent models like the 1073 and 1081, even the 33609 and ssl BUS are superb modelings!.
that being said!.

Manley Vari-MU
Distressor
FATSO
Multitrack Tape Machine
Tube-Tech CL1B

Thanks
and PLEASE make some more modeling SOOON
we love you guys
kennethglod

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Black 76 and White 2A were improved - make sure you have the latest version of T-RackS Custom Shop and they definitely are head and shoulders above "OK"
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby yabino974 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Hey, what about an Ampex 351 tape machine if I didn't say it already ;) !!!
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby kennethglod » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:20 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Black 76 and White 2A were improved - make sure you have the latest version of T-RackS Custom Shop and they definitely are head and shoulders above "OK"

Ok,
thanks @Peter_IK
i'm going to download the latest version!
kennethglod

Postby yabino974 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:28 pm

I hope we'll see some new gear soon ?!

With the great Summer Strummer 3 deals on credits, it's hard to resist...

Hopefully they will be used to buy great mixing and mastering gear models !!!
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby Obitheincredible » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:39 pm

kj.metissage wrote:I hope we'll see some new gear soon ?!

You can use the Custom Shop credits in both the AmpliTube Custom Shop and the T-Racks Custom Shop. New gear coming soon too....
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby yabino974 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:41 pm

obitheincredible wrote:
kj.metissage wrote:I hope we'll see some new gear soon ?!

You can use the Custom Shop credits in both the AmpliTube Custom Shop and the T-Racks Custom Shop. New gear coming soon too....

Sure, looking forward to it :D !
yabino974

Postby kingrossmartyn » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:34 am

I'd like a dbx 160 for kicks and snares please!

Lexicon reverb, the grainy one with a 12bit converter, I think it's the 224.

Loving the new API EQ so the API 2500 comp would be nice.

And to finish, something completely different like a Moog filter. :)

All of these would make me lose my money!
kingrossmartyn

Postby sbn » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:22 pm

I love all new EQs that released. I got almost all a moment. they are really great.

What I really hope IK will improve is drag and drop function into T-RackS . I always use standalone for mastering. I really like to see this function there.

Maybe there some special keys on mac keyboard to drag modules, that I don't know?

If, yes. Let me know them please.
sbn

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox