Automating the Leslie [Resolved]

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: Automating the Leslie [Resolved]

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:44 am

keys7 wrote:I haven't had a reply on my support ticket in about two months now. I actually had to open a 2nd ticket because the first one got put in the wrong folder, or so they said, and the 2nd ticket still hasn't gotten a reply, what does that tell you? I gave up waiting for them to either reply or get this resolved.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting resolutions from official IK Support. However, as per the Guidelines in this post https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 (specifically points 2 and 3) if you PM your ticket number(s) to either Ryan_IK or Peter_IK they can bump them with Support to try and get a speedy resolution.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby ccake.mog » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi Garfy, very grateful for your detailed and clear instructions - looks like we're nearly there with this!! Only 1 small issue - the Smart Control button is only moving in tiny steps when I press my foot pedal, how can I make it rotate fully one way or the other with each press of the pedal??? Tried to alter the scaling in Smart Control but that didn't change anything! If I mouse click the 2 tiny dots on the left and right below the mapped Smart Control button, the Leslie slow/fast button moves as required - but for some reason the foot pedal only moves the Smart Control in tiny increments! Any ideas?? Carl
ccake.mog

Postby ccake.mog » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:25 pm

Hi Garfy, I think my reply went somewhere else on the forum, sorry!
I'm really grateful for your prompt and detailed instructions, and they seem to work - except that when I press my foot pedal, the mapped Smart Control button only moves in tiny increments! Once (after many presses) I get past 50%, then the Leslie slow/fast button moves over!
But if I mouse click the 2 tiny dots below the same Smart Control button, the Leslie slow/fast switch moves as it should - one way or the other!! I tried to alter the scaling in Smart Control but without improvement - any ideas?? Nearly there with this!! Carl
ccake.mog

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:39 pm

Hey, no problems Carl. Glad we're getting somewhere.

That sounds a bit weird - I assume that the pedal you are using is a standard non-latching sustain pedal that is either on or off?

Maybe try switching the Smart Controls preset 'faceplate' (not sure of it's real name) to something like Aux Channel as it has options of a switch instead of a rotary control. That should just act exactly like a real switch to maybe try this to see if it works more effectively.
garfy

Postby ccake.mog » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:15 pm

Struggling to find where to alter those settings Garfy - Smart Controls Presets, where are they??

By the way, I use one of these fancy drawbar controllers: www.fossecontrollers.com - I have the FC-3 which has a dedicated jack socket for a normal on/off foot pedal (mine is a Yamaha FC5A)! I have worked out how to map the dedicated slow/fast manual switch on the Fosse FC-3 controller - and that works fine, normal instant switching from slow to fast & back in AT4 Leslie! But I really need to use a foot pedal to keep my hands on the keys while playing/recording - but can't work out why the Yamaha FC5A pedal is not switching the slow/fast instantly, it's only triggering small increments???
All the other Fosse FC-3 functions are working perfectly (it's a gorgeous piece of kit)!! Carl
ccake.mog

Postby ccake.mog » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:52 pm

Garfy - I found the Smart Controls presets thanks! Tried a few different settings - then I suddenly discovered that both the physical slow/fast switch on the Fosse FC-3 drawbars controller AND the connected Yamaha FC5A on/off foot pedal are both operating the slow/fast function in AT4 Leslie SIMULTANEOUSLY!! So for now Garfy, you're an absolute star for helping me out - totally made my day to get this up and running after so long!!! Been a big struggle, phew very grateful - hope others get help from these posts! Cheers Garfy and big thanks again!! Carl
ccake.mog

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:01 pm

Excellent news!

That's a pretty smart-looking hardware controller there. A great solution for people wanting the Hammond experience, rather than a generic controller layout.

Normally these kinds of issues, especially when using multiple hardware controllers, come down to easy things like MIDI channels or CC numbers. I guess my advice would be to save your own presets with custom mappings in standalone as well as your DAW to make sure you don't have to go through this rigmarole again.

In the meantime, happy playing :D

As this post is resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy. If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
garfy

Previous

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox