T-RackS 5 Album Assembly Question / Issue (split topic)

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-RackS 5 Album Assembly Question / Issue (split topic)

Postby Zealousrecording » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:08 am

I have a question about album assembly. Will this feature of t-racks max allow me to merge songs with transitions that will not have unwanted pops or clicks as tracks transition? I own the software now but have not had the opportunity to explore this feature. Always wanted to make songs flow into one another without gliches or artifacts.
Zealousrecording

Re: T-RackS 5 - Album assembly issues

Postby JammerHammer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:38 am

I've been running into issues in the album assembly window. I recently completed a project with twelve tracks all running different plugin configurations. At export there were several of the tracks that had hacked pieces of the following song track appended to the end of a couple tracks after exporting. I had to end up mastering the tracks individually which made the album assembly process require me to evaluate the loudness and EQ compatibility in another program. Anyone else having these issues?
JammerHammer

Re: T-RackS 5 - Album assembly issues

Postby jppineau » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:06 am

JammerHammer wrote:I've been running into issues in the album assembly window. I recently completed a project with twelve tracks all running different plugin configurations. At export there were several of the tracks that had hacked pieces of the following song track appended to the end of a couple tracks after exporting. I had to end up mastering the tracks individually which made the album assembly process require me to evaluate the loudness and EQ compatibility in another program. Anyone else having these issues?

Hi, not exactly the same but somewhat similar. I've completed my first CD Master on TR5Max. Even though my project was based on only one wave file 45 minutes long, I had to make an index to achieve something like chapters or "Tracks". At the first export as a DDP, I've seen my 7 last indexes moved backward from about 8 seconds. To my total surprise, this was reflected by the interface AFTER my export and there is no batch tool to move indexes all at once... I still don't get a clue about that one. This is the point that may be similar or at the same level than what you experienced.

My second attempt at making a DDP export of the same project was apparently OK and I sent it to the replication plant. It's been rejected for PQ Codes inconsistencies. The plant sent me a 12 pages report. Then, I used another DDP converter to import the file (we can't import and verify DDPs in the actual assembly interface... ) and check. There was a 2 seconds blank leader added by default to my track list, which shifted the indexes by the same amount, hence the inconsistencies and the checksum failure. After burning the DDP on a CD via the same program, I've seen it was apparently working well, so I decided to trust my luck on a first 1000 CD run and print "as-is"... This assembly and export feature should be revised and bettered. The sooner, the better. I have opened a support ticket since last Friday 13:00 PM and I am still awaiting for a contact. I won't hold my breath, though... :P
Last edited by jppineau on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jppineau

Re: T-RackS 5 - Available Now

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:17 pm

IK Support will troubleshoot with you and will provide any appropriate details to the developers if necessary to diagnose and fix any potential global issues.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jppineau » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Thanks Peter for following the case.

I cross my fingers to hear of them soon.. :) On another hand, I am stunned that I could be among the very few users who experienced this situation since the program launching. This was my initial motivation in writing in the forums : searching for a helping hand or a simple explanation. As you answered me, there are few chances to find my answer here, but how can I be the only one (almost)? I've done Beta Testing for some editors and other products in the past decades, but this is the kind of situation/bug/problem everyone should find at first glance... Very surprised.
Last edited by jppineau on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jppineau

Re: T-RackS 5 - Album assembly

Postby jppineau » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Zealousrecording wrote:I have a question about album assembly. Will this feature of t-racks max allow me to merge songs with transitions that will not have unwanted pops or clicks as tracks transition? I own the software now but have not had the opportunity to explore this feature. Always wanted to make songs flow into one another without gliches or artifacts.

Hello,
You are talking about indexed track crossfades.
This is something all mastering and album assembly programs will offer you, as it is their bread and butter.
jppineau

Postby jppineau » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Last minute update :

The second DDP has been formally rejected. No way to proceed "as-is"...

I will use another program or revert to what I did for 22 years and send a Master CD. I am fed up. How about a refund?
jppineau

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:44 pm

jppineau wrote:Last minute update :

The second DDP has been formally rejected. No way to proceed "as-is"...

I will use another program or revert to what I did for 22 years and send a Master CD. I am fed up. How about a refund?

You can proceed with IK Support as they would be the ones to handle issues of this nature. No forum user, moderator, or admin will be able to assist you with the details of your technical issue nor any request for refunds, etc.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: T-RackS 5 Album Assembly Question / Issue (split topic)

Postby bhowe » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:58 am

Thanks for sharing your experience jppineau.

I had only got as far as realising there was no way to check the DDP image myself without purchasing third party DDP creation software that includes a 'burning from image' option.

Very disappointing as personally the DDP export was a major reason to upgrade. I contacted support but they replied, "Sorry there is no internal test so far available." Let's hope they are working on this shortcoming.
bhowe

Postby John Payne » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:20 pm

I think I have a similar issue. Built an assembly with 10 songs. When I exported "all files" somehow song 2 extends about 10 seconds into song 3. And now I cannot see the Album Assembly. I can view individual song waveforms, processing chains, and metering but get nothing when I try to view by way or the View tab or the icon.

Plus somehow, though the song 3 waveform looks normal when the play-head is at the beginning of song 3 when I export it exports song 2 including the extension into song 3. If I move the play-head deep into song 3 it exports song 3 but not the part overlapped with song 2.
John Payne

Postby John Payne » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Oh - and I'm running stand-alone T-Racks on W10.
John Payne

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:45 pm

John Payne wrote:I think I have a similar issue. Built an assembly with 10 songs. When I exported "all files" somehow song 2 extends about 10 seconds into song 3. And now I cannot see the Album Assembly. I can view individual song waveforms, processing chains, and metering but get nothing when I try to view by way or the View tab or the icon.

Plus somehow, though the song 3 waveform looks normal when the play-head is at the beginning of song 3 when I export it exports song 2 including the extension into song 3. If I move the play-head deep into song 3 it exports song 3 but not the part overlapped with song 2.

This would be something you should also report to IK Support directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ if you have not done so already. They will be more help if there's an issue with the software and very knowledgeable if it is something that can be fixed locally. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Timmdubb61@gmail.com » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:21 am

I have had the same sort of problems as I am seeing posted. I tried exporting 6 individual songs and the "assembly" grouped them all to one track. I could get them to export individually by selecting aiff file format, but when I try to copy them to a CD it does nothing. Am I doing wrong by trying to copy the mastered work to a CD for manufacturing? Should I just import it back into ProTools or simply master using T Racks in ProTools?
Timmdubb61@gmail.com

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox