Huge Problems with DDP Export

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Huge Problems with DDP Export

Postby jppineau » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi,
I am using it for a first project. The replication plant signals inconsistencies. As for me, it seems related to the PQ Codes moving all over the place. First export attempt resulted into a 8-9 seconds backward offset of ALL PQ Codes. This was reflected by the Assembly window AFTER I exported it, without knowing it. I thought this was my fault but there is no tool for batch offset and nothing can explain this. The thing is straightforward... apparently.

Second attempt results in a 2 seconds forward offset of ALL PQ Codes, impacting the initial one (According to the report submitted by the CD replication plant, the PQ code #1 starts at 00:00:02 sec while the wave is at zero, and all following PQ codes see a 2 seconds added to their index. This is not reflected in the Assembly Window nor in the track list).

I have the full report of the CD replication plant that I could send you for a review. This time all my PQ codes are where they should be. The reports shows the offset that I can compare on my actual session.

I must add that it is a one 45 min file project with 8 index to separate its chapters.

Client is nervous and I begin to be frustrated. Ticket has been submitted but if anyone has an answer/explanation...
jppineau

Re: Huge Problems with DDP Export

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:21 pm

I doubt any users would be able to assist, but I am sure IK Support will take care of your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jppineau » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:35 pm

I was just taking a chance...

This is weekend time and Support is quoted to be closed. This is the second time a DDP master has been rejected for this project... Is it a bug? I don't know but this is a fairly simple render that should have been tested before releasing the soft and I am pretty sure it has been... It can be me, the end user, but I am not new to this, at 63. This is a truly foolproof assembly page, for what I see.

I simply do not understand. I consider reverting back to my old, but working, stuff.

JP
jppineau

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:50 pm

IK Support would need to assess the situation will full details and source material to answer your question about it being a potential bug etc. I am sure they'll assist, and I appreciate your patience as I know it can be frustrating when things are not working as expected.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jppineau » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:03 pm

Thanks Peter,

I will wait and see .

BTW and while you are online : I have bought the SampleTank 3 and Syntronik programs for both studio and stage work. I have an old Muse Receptor (rev C + Ram maxed out) around that's gathering dust. Would it be sufficient to run these programs live and are you aware of anyone using it on Receptors? As Muse has shut off production, there is not very much infos available.

Thanks in advance.
jppineau

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi, SampleTank 3 was released after that model was discontinued and it wouldn't run AmpliTube 3 (let alone 4) so it would not be suitable for SampleTank 3.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jppineau » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:29 pm

Thanks.

Have a nice weekend!

JP
jppineau

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox