Problems Master Match no Audio Play

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Problems Master Match no Audio Play

Postby deathrules » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:20 pm

Hi,
i try to use the Master Match in Standalone Mode. (same using as Plugin in Cubase)
Settings for Audio are ok.
I add Reference track and push Learn Refernces. Than i push the play button. but no sound is hearing.
Same with adding more refernce or source material.
Any Idea ?

Cheers Karsten

P.S
i try both, Master match bevor and after output
deathrules

Re: Problems Master Match no Audio Play

Postby deathrules » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:32 pm

i have also open a support ticket. Keep you informed :D
deathrules

Postby gregachord » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:44 pm

I was having exactly the same problem (standalone mode), but I kept messing with it and finally got it to work.

I originally was trying to bring in an .M4a (ITunes) file and that won't work. It apparently has to be .wav .mp3 .aiff .aif .flac or .caf to work. I'm not sure what else I did, but I did get it to work with .mp3 files.

You can also go to the module setting and pick a preset, 70's rock, 80's pop, dance, etc. without bringing in a source file. I got that to work as well.
gregachord

Postby eaborn » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:49 am

I have the same problem with the Match functions. I can load an .mp3 for reference, but don't hear any audio when I press the play button next to the file when loaded. Also, when I click the Learn Source button and then begin playback of my source file at the top of the program, it just flashes "Waiting for Audio Playback" in the Match module although I can hear the source file playing.
eaborn

Postby eddybee » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:11 am

If you're using Master Match in the standalone app it needs to be inserted into the processing chain before any audio passes thru it. It certainly looks like it's already in the chain by default, but actually it'a not. Click the small rectangle icon on the right, just below the Master Match thumbnail, and the device will insert itself into the processing chain. You should then hear audio thru it.

It's certainly not a very intuitive way of handling this situation the UI. I would much rather just be able to select Master Match from the regular plugin list... but oh well.
eddybee

Postby eaborn » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:01 am

Thank you very much for that advice. You are absolutely right. That did the trick. And you're also right that it's not very intuitive. But it's a cool feature nonetheless. Now I just wish I could figure out how to have the program save to the same folder each time I export a file. It's annoying to have to re-navigate from the documents directory with each export.
eaborn

Postby albenati@gmail.com » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:32 pm

I have te same problem
albenati@gmail.com

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:51 pm

Master Match is a bit different; it should always be used at the end of the chain. But, as you say, its current location is not intuitive. And it is at the end of all the presets I have looked at, you'll need to scroll the chain to see it.

The User Manual does not clearly explain that nor describe how to use it: click the third icon button beneath it.

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby chrisfar » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:29 am

DarkStar wrote:Master Match is a bit different; it should always be used at the end of the chain. But, as you say, its current location is not intuitive. And it is at the end of all the presets I have looked at, you'll need to scroll the chain to see it.

The User Manual does not clearly explain that nor describe how to use it: click the third icon button beneath it.

Thanks DarkStar and others who have pointed this out. Ran into the same problem in 2019 and the third icon click fixed it for me. It makes sense in principle from IKmultimedia's point of view, if Master Match has to be last in the chain. But the way they present it when you load Tracks5, Master Match appears to already be in the chain. Not user friendly, they need to fix this... why can't they have Master Match automatically in the chain as the last plugin, but not active? Surely it shouldn't use any resources if it's not active?
chrisfar

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:54 am

MasterMatch is in the chain but it is bypassed. ;)

I have had another look at the TR5 User Manual (which has been updated since my last reply here):

Section 1.4 wrote:The Master Match is the only module which has a fixed position in the chain; that is because it’s purpose is to fine match your work with a reference tracks and finalize it, or to help you visualize possible errors in your chain or easily get inspired by really complex equalization suggestion.

The Master Match can be bypassed or removed from the audio path with the fast icon below it.
Yes, it says "fast", that should be "last" (and "it's" should be "its").

Section 3.1 wrote:T-RackS 5 Flexible Chain allows you to insert up to 16 parallel/serial processors, including the Master Match module, which is fixed at the end of the chain, and will be bypassed by default.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby reapermusic » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:02 pm

Hello Darkstar,

Being that we are discussing master match...I was curious...since it is last in the chain does this mean we have to use it's built in limiter or can we turn down the volume fader on master match just use it's eq curve and use let's say the Stealth Limiter instead.
Ha! Hope my question makes sense
Thanks
reapermusic

Postby Feliaho » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:28 am

eddybee wrote:If you're using Master Match in the standalone app it needs to be inserted into the processing chain before any audio passes thru it. It certainly looks like it's already in the chain by default, but actually it'a not. Click the small rectangle icon on the right, just below the Master Match thumbnail, and the device will insert itself into the processing chain. You should then hear audio thru it.

It's certainly not a very intuitive way of handling this situation the UI. I would much rather just be able to select Master Match from the regular plugin list... but oh well.

Absolutely right bro!
Thank you so much!
Feliaho

Postby deafswitch » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:04 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the Help !! :mrgreen:
deafswitch

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox