T-RackS 5 Standalone Crash!

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: T-RackS 5 Standalone Crash!

Postby daronmacke » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:41 am

Guh...now Compatibility Mode won't open Standalone at all. Very disappointing.

Hopefully the Devs are working on a solution. Crazy that this issue didn't get logged or was somehow missed during Beta Testing.
daronmacke

Postby rpirvined » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:54 am

A workaround that I've found allows me to open the Standalone Version.

Again, it's connected to graphics.

Right Click the T-Racks 5 exe and select Properties
Select The Compatibility tab and under Settings, Click "Run This program as an Administrator "
Check the "Override high DPI scaling behaviour.
In the drop down menu change "Application' to "System" or "System (Enhanced)
Click "Apply" and "OK"

Try to start T-Racks Standalone version.

For me this work, but the graphics are a bit blurred. But it is starting T-Racks successfully.

I've informed IK support of this workaround so they can find a real fix.

Davey
rpirvined

Postby daronmacke » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:57 am

rpirvined wrote:A workaround that I've found allows me to open the Standalone Version.

Select The Compatibility tab and under Settings, Click "Run This program as an Administrator "
Click "Apply" and "OK"

For me this work, but the graphics are a bit blurred. But it is starting T-Racks successfully.

Davey

Thanks Davey...I'll give this a try. Do you happen to know if you would have to complete these steps every time you launch Standalone? I suppose it will continue to look blurry until they fix it?

Update...just followed Davey's method above and it still wouldn't launch. I've opened a ticket...hopefully they get to this issue asap.
daronmacke

Postby rpirvined » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:01 pm

daronmacke wrote:Thanks Davey...I'll give this a try. Do you happen to know if you would have to complete these steps every time you launch Standalone? I suppose it will continue to look blurry until they fix it?

It starts every time, and you won't have to repeat the steps :-)
rpirvined

Postby rpirvined » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:08 pm

daronmacke wrote:
Update...just followed Davey's method above and it still wouldn't launch. I've opened a ticket...hopefully they get to this issue asap.

Sorry to hear that daronmacke , it seems to work for me. Do you have it set to Compatibility mode for Windows 8 ? I don't have that setting changed so the Compatibility Mode Checkbox is unchecked....

Hopefully support will get to the bottom of it.
rpirvined

Postby jcarter200 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:19 pm

daronmacke wrote:
rpirvined wrote:A workaround that I've found allows me to open the Standalone Version.

Click "Apply" and "OK"

Davey

Nice work Davey! Thanks to your recommended settings it is now working. I had to click the Override high DPI box and select 'System' in the drop down as well as run as administrator to get everything working. Now it seems to load every time without fail.
jcarter200

Postby jcarter200 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Update.
Ok so now that I've got the standalone version of T RackS working using the modifications to the compatibility as described. I now have another issue. No longer will the EQ plugins display their curves with the exception of EQUAL. You can still move the parametric points around but you can't see the actual curves of what you are doing. Hahaha that's a lot of use! Obviously has something to do with overriding the DPI settings. The plugins work fine inside of my DAW so it's only limited to the standalone version.
jcarter200

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:50 pm

jcarter200 wrote:Update.
Ok so now that I've got the standalone version of T RackS working using the modifications to the compatibility as described. I now have another issue. No longer will the EQ plugins display their curves with the exception of EQUAL. You can still move the parametric points around but you can't see the actual curves of what you are doing. Hahaha that's a lot of use! Obviously has something to do with overriding the DPI settings. The plugins work fine inside of my DAW so it's only limited to the standalone version.

It may have to do with graphics compatibility. Please note from the T-RackS 5 Specs page:
NOTE: EQual processor requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.

That's a guess, though, and I'd recommend to keep working with IK Support in case I'm missing something obvious and I'm sure they've already covered the OpenGL 2 question anyway.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jcarter200 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:07 pm

No actually EQUAL works absolutely fine it's the rest of the EQ plugins within standalone that aren't displaying their EQ curves. I'm sure this is linked to the fact we had to change a few settings on the graphics option to get this program to open without crashing. I'm hoping IK release a patch that resolves these issues.
jcarter200

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:34 pm

jcarter200 wrote:No actually EQUAL works absolutely fine it's the rest of the EQ plugins within standalone that aren't displaying their EQ curves. I'm sure this is linked to the fact we had to change a few settings on the graphics option to get this program to open without crashing. I'm hoping IK release a patch that resolves these issues.

Oh shoot, got it. IK Support would be able to help with that. As long as you keep working with them they will get any information to the developers who will release a patch if it is a global issue (or support will assist you if it is a problem with something specifically for you).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Confirmed here - for Linear Phase EQ
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jcarter200 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:04 pm

DarkStar wrote:Confirmed here - for Linear Phase EQ

Earlier I mentioned this issue to the guy on my support ticket and he said it's because no audio clip has been loaded into the standalone project. I can confirm that once I imported an audio file the EQ curves showed up on the individual modules. Hope this helps anyone else.
jcarter200

Postby daronmacke » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:37 pm

rpirvined wrote:
daronmacke wrote:

Sorry to hear that daronmacke , it seems to work for me. Do you have it set to Compatibility mode for Windows 8 ? I don't have that setting changed so the Compatibility Mode Checkbox is unchecked....

Hopefully support will get to the bottom of it.

No worries Davey...I appreciate your help. So far Support hasn't solved it. They suggested the compatibility trick you provided and they also suggested that I delete a 'settings' file in the TR5 Roaming folder...still nada.
daronmacke

Postby rpirvined » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:13 pm

daronmacke wrote:
No worries Davey...I appreciate your help. So far Support hasn't solved it. They suggested the compatibility trick you provided and they also suggested that I delete a 'settings' file in the TR5 Roaming folder...still nada.

It seems that all the problems related to this are on laptops. In my case I'm on an HP Envy with an Intel HD Graphics 5500 adaptor. The old Intel HD 5500 drivers had problems with OpenGL so if you have that type of Display Adaptor you might get better results by updating to the latest driver although I'm sure you already have. Worth checking out all the same. The latest driver is ver. 20.19.15.4549.

You would still need to do the Compatibility change by Overiding high DPI scaling from 'Application' to 'System' ...also, I've since noticed I don't need to be running as administrator either..
rpirvined

Postby daronmacke » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:46 pm

rpirvined wrote:
daronmacke wrote:

It seems that all the problems related to this are on laptops. In my case I'm on an HP Envy with an Intel HD Graphics 5500 adaptor. The old Intel HD 5500 drivers had problems with OpenGL so if you have that type of Display Adaptor you might get better results by updating to the latest driver although I'm sure you already have. Worth checking out all the same. The latest driver is ver. 20.19.15.4549.

You would still need to do the Compatibility change by Overiding high DPI scaling from 'Application' to 'System' ...also, I've since noticed I don't need to be running as administrator either..

Support gave me another tip. Display Settings...and make sure Scale and Layout are 100% and is not a larger or custom size. This along with everything else seems to have got my laptop up and running. I'll install on my studio desktop tonight and see how that goes.
daronmacke

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox