T-RackS 5 Standalone Crash!

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-RackS 5 Standalone Crash!

Postby jcarter200 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:49 pm

Ok so I purchased the recently released T-Racks 5 software and followed all the instructions when installing. The individual modules work fine inside of Cubase however the Standalone application crashes whenever I try open it on my desktop. This is incredibly frustrating especially since the features I was most interested in using are within the standalone application.

What am I supposed to do IK? I've never had any problems with previous versions of your software doing this. I'm running a new laptop with plenty of RAM and an i7 processor with windows 10.

James
jcarter200

Re: T-RackS 5 Standalone Crash!

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:54 pm

I'm not sure what could be causing that to happen on your system but if you open a ticket with IK Support they will be able to troubleshoot with you directly and help you with this issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jcarter200 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Thanks. I've just sent them a request now. Anyone else experiencing this? I'd hate to be the only person not able to use this program :(
jcarter200

Postby murphkilledit » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:22 pm

The standalone crashes on startup here too. Everything works inside my DAW, Studio One 3 pro. I ran a compatibility troubleshooter and the standalone opened up in Windows Vista (service pack 2) setting. I'm on a fully up to date Windows 10 Home edition.
murphkilledit

Postby jcarter200 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:41 pm

That's interesting to know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue with the standalone version. I've tried running the compatibility wizard but still can't correct the issue. None of my other IK products are affected by this. I've spent nearly five hours trying to get this to work!
jcarter200

Postby rpirvined » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:13 am

jcarter200 wrote:That's interesting to know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue with the standalone version. I've tried running the compatibility wizard but still can't correct the issue. None of my other IK products are affected by this. I've spent nearly five hours trying to get this to work!

Yep...Same here...the standalone version just won't start. I've created a support ticket too, and to be fair the support guys did fix a problem I had earlier with a graphics files error...
rpirvined

Postby daronmacke » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:31 am

Same here Standalone will not start! I'll test in Cubase now and report back if something is wonky.

For what it's worth, I'm on a Windows 10 laptop and everything is current. I won't be able to install on the studio computer until tomorrow.
daronmacke

Postby jcarter200 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:42 am

Thanks guys for letting me know it's not an isolated problem with my system. I'm currently going through some troubleshooting with technical support to try resolve this matter. If we find a solution I'll post it up on here.

James
jcarter200

Postby daronmacke » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:57 am

Thanks for posting James!

Just FYI for everyone...T-Racks 5 worked just fine in Cubase Pro 9 and I was able to get the Standalone version running with the Windows Compatibility Checker, based on Birdfinger's post, and on the Windows 8 setting.

Oddly enough, I DIDN'T save the Windows Compatibility Checker Windows 8 Settings and was just able to launch Standalone without issue...weird!
daronmacke

Postby brianceely772 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:04 am

Hey all.

I just posted on the Forum about this same issue. After reading some comments here, I tried something:
I right clicked on TR5 and selected "Run with Graphics Processor" and selected my GeForce graphics card. It finally ran.

I noticed a GUI issue when I ran the TR5 suite in my DAW, that the right side where the metering is kept flickering.

I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit, 1 TB HDD, 8 gb ram, i7-5500U, and a NVidia GeForce card.
brianceely772

Postby brianceely772 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:14 am

I may have spoken too quickly. After I got it working, I tried it again. Now it either won't launch or it tells me that it crashed on launch. Saddest day.
brianceely772

Postby murphkilledit » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:31 am

Update: I guess TR5 opening up using Vista compatibility mode was just a one off. No longer opens under any circumstances.
murphkilledit

Postby rremboeck » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:03 am

Hello,
I had same problem with crashing the standalone version.

As a workaround on my notebook I used following compatibility mode option in windows 10:
Override high DPI scaling behaviour.
Scaling performed by:
System (enhanced)

Hope it works for others too :D
rremboeck

Postby jjguitar » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:42 am

I´ve installed T-RackS_5 5.0B and I´m not able to open the standalone version. I´m using the free version !
The vst version seems to work better now (it shows up the presets) within Samplitude Pro X2.

Windows 7 64bit SP1, Intel Core2 CPU X6800@2.93GHz, 4.0GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500.
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby jcarter200 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:01 am

Hi thanks for all the recommendations about the compatibility wizard.
I'm still not able to get the standalone version of the program to run on my laptop. Everything works fine inside of Cubase but I need access to the features present in standalone mode. It was one of the main reasons I upgraded.
Funny thing is yesterday when I was trying loads of stuff it did in fact launch correctly, however I closed the program and restarted it only to find it was broken again. Since then I've not had any luck getting it to work.
jcarter200

Next

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox