T-RackS 5 Issues

T-RackS - High End Mastering & Mixing suite and single effects

Re: TRacks 5 Issues

Postby Mathematics » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:04 am

Peter_IK wrote:Hey, I can answer questions! :)

Removing the DLLs manually will remove the plugins from your DAW list. There is no way to remove the modules from being listed in the plugin suite or standalone at this time.

No problem but I would like to add to the suggestion box:

Please provide the option to not install plugins that we do not own.

My reason for this is because it creates unnecessary clutter. If every company added their plugins that I did not purchase, I would spend mixing time having to find the only one that I purchased. If you've got a tough mix, it adds to the frustration and evolves.

To be honest, I bought T-Racks 5 for the Clipper plugin primarily. I absolutely love the results I get with it in comparison to other clipper plugins. According to the above post, it's great that I can manually delete files but to be honest, it's a hassle I could do without. I understand the marketing aspect of it, and I am all for introducing new products but to have the abundance of inactive plugins on my system really disrupts my workflow. Let me explain.

I don't always need a clipper, just like I don't always need a saturation plugin but I know exactly where it is when I need it. On my computer, I have my plugins organized that I own and not ones that I do not own. I feel like I'm being forced to download an entire mp3 album if I only wanted one song on the album.

Please add my suggestion to the developer's suggestion box.
Mathematics

Re: T-RackS 5 Issues

Postby plgrmsprgrs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:28 am

Peter,

Thanks. Started a ticket 2 days ago. No reply yet. In the meantime, I updated to v.5.1 and things smoothed out quite a bit so it's more useable. But it's still buggy and crashes unexpectedly. Very frustrating.
plgrmsprgrs

Re: T-RackS 5 Issues -Master Match losing curve

Postby CHRISNEVER23 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:01 pm

Has anybody tried master Match in Cubase 9.5 Windows? I'm demoing the plug right now. I find getting it to actually match often takes two attempts which is odd, first time ends up with flat curve.
More importantly, after I get a match curve, if I click bypass momentarily or press the active button to disable and then re-enable, it no longer applies the curve. I can see the curve on the plugin but it makes no difference what so ever and I have to unload the plug in and load a new instance and start all over.

Has anybody experienced that?

Also, just enabling it with 0% match on curve and level causes an increase in .4db. If I turn off lin phase, it drops the other way about .5db.

I really liked the results of this plug and was going to purchase but I'm finding it way too buggy in Cubase. It didn't behave that badly in the rack but I can't stand that I can't move it from the end of the chain nor use my vsts.
CHRISNEVER23

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:07 pm

Chris, I'm using Artist 7 and just bought Match. I'll give it a go and get back to you. Also, I believe I remember noticing a signal increase when nothing had been matched like there was some gain being applied.
Last edited by auggybendoggy2 on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
auggybendoggy2

Postby CHRISNEVER23 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:31 pm

I'll be curious how it works for you Auggy. I was hoping it would have worked better in Cubase. I also found it difficult to click and drag the playback area of the reference file. It also never picked a curve the first time i analyzed ever file, I had go through the steps twice most of the time.

I tried it in Adobe Audition and it would crash Audition everytime I clicked on anything.
CHRISNEVER23

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:11 pm

Chris, (sorry about the typo "Christ" earlier)…

So I ran it in Artist 7 and it worked without error. I haven't had it crash my system at all but I admit, I've mostly used it as a stand alone. I did try it in Cubase a week ago but only very quickly to see if it worked and it did. After several attempts, the same result it works.

I don't mean to insult you so don't take this the wrong way, are you on a 64bit OS? Are you using ASIO? Are there any other things about your system that might conflict?
auggybendoggy2

Postby CHRISNEVER23 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:26 pm

Auggybendoggy2,
No offense taken. Im on Windows 7 64 bit. Cubase Pro is 64 bit. I am using asio with an RME interface.
Master match would work until I bypassed either from either the cubase button or the bypass in the plug in. I think it was called active or something like. I could then un-bypass but it no longer applied the curve, even thought I could see the eq curve in the window. I contacted support but they want me to make a video of it, which I'm not sure I want to go the trouble for something im demo ing.

However after seeing your post that you tried it in Cubase, I tried it again and now it seems to be working as it should. So I don't know what was up with it the other day. The eq in it sounds good. I wish their dyn-mu compressor had a mix knob.
CHRISNEVER23

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:01 pm

Good to hear. Personally I love the plugin.

For a novice like me, Match is really nice. Puts me in the ball park so I don't have to work my way there. I dont want to become a pro so it's a perfect for for me.
auggybendoggy2

Re: T-RackS 5 Issues .... Vu Meters

Postby galison » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:10 pm

I have two issues at the moment. First , the analogue VU meters seem to have disappeared from the overall display. No matter how much I move the upper right portion of the meter display the VU meters will not show. I can go to the view menu and call up the full meter display in the floating format, but this is not always usable since it covers most of the main display and makes it tedious to make changes to the various modules. It was suggested by the IK people that I " restore" my purchases in the Custom Shop which I tried several times to no avail. Any suggestions? I also have the same Master Match problem others have talked about....still working on that..... thanks for your help.
galison

Postby clintmartin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:15 am

I would like to use T-racks 5 in stand alone mode, but the audio is constantly getting glitches. I have never had this thing working right since I've owned it.
Master match and everything in the DAW seems to work just fine.
clintmartin

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:45 am

If you have not already done so, please contact IK Technical Support for some one to one help.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DJV » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:18 pm

Curious about one thing I can't seem to find in T-rackS 5 stand-alone version.
There use to be an option called "Link T-RackS processors to Audio File" in T-RackS 4 (CS) (under Project Properties), which essentially linked the present (first audio file) processor chain to all subsequently loaded audio files.
Is there another way to do it in T-Racks 5?
Thanks!
DJV

Postby Caloge » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:23 am

Does any one know how to get T Rack 5 into full screen. I used the temp version for 10 days then I used my serial number I purchased. I only then had 37 modules not 38 and no longer had the option to make T Rack full screen and most of the modules that wanted me to pay for when I click on it. Somebody help if they have any info. Im ruling Mac 10.11.6. Temp version ran well.
Caloge

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Exactly which T-RackS 5 product did you buy? And, which one of the 38 is missing?

It sounds like you may not have used the right Serial Number (NB do not post it here!)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Caloge » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:15 pm

I bought IK Multimedia T-RackS 5 thats all it said. No deluxe or any thing. It's the T racks thats on sale now for $99. After deeper review it has all 38 modules but when I click on most of then a price comes up asking if I want to buy it, when it's suppose to come with the software as averted. It also will not let me adjust the screen at all, as it says it's suppose to do. So I can't see the faze scope or click on adjustments to set levels for iTunes or broadcast. Nor set genres.

I'm want to run it as a stand alone. The 10 day temp version ran very well, only when I put my serial number it started to show everything different. I put the right serial number in but the same thing shows. If it is a wrong serial number how can I get another one because this one is not letting full function through. I don't know if this helps but when I bought the software I didn't reregister it right away,

I use the free 10 day try out BUT in-between that time I saw it had a price drop. So I got back in touch with the retailer I bout it from to see if I could get it for the new price sense I had not registered it yet and I had only purchase it like 4 days ago. The retailer said he would have to check with the provider I guess IK Multimedia. Anyway he said I they said it was ok and gave me a partial refund. Now I don't know if a new serial number should have been given or that didn't matter. So now here we are my 10 trial is up so I went to use my serial number and the trouble started. I appreciate all your help.
Caloge

PreviousNext

Return to T-RackS Mixing & Mastering