T-RackS 5 Issues

T-RackS - High End Mastering & Mixing suite and single effects

T-RackS 5 Issues

Postby Teksonik » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:54 pm

Post your issues with TRacks 5 here. Perhaps someone who can actually answer questions will take a few minutes to address issues here rather than make everybody submit a support ticket. I'll start:

Teksonik wrote: Is there any way to delete the plugins that we don't own from the list in the TR5 Suite ? Or do we have to remember what we own and try not to call one up that we don't own so it doesn't offer to sell us the plugin....every time ? I tried deleting the .dlls of plugins I don't own but they still show in the list.
Teksonik

Re: TRacks 5 Issues

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:13 pm

Hey, I can answer questions! :)

Removing the DLLs manually will remove the plugins from your DAW list. There is no way to remove the modules from being listed in the plugin suite or standalone at this time.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby atlcdr1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:40 pm

Maybe its me...But I think I am having some issues with TR-5. As a stand alone, I load my source, and it plays back, but there are no highlighted handles that move. When I hit learn source, there is no curve after I play a section of the file. The screen keeps flashing waiting for audio playback. References will load, and it will show a curve, but I can't hear any audio. I can see the playhead moving, but no sound. With no source curve, I can't match anything. All of the other plugs (eq, comps, limiters, etc) seem to work fine.

As a plug in in Wavelab 9, things work a bit better...I can hear the source file and it will create a curve, but I still can't hear audio for the reference tracks. It will match the files, but when I go to render it, the first minute or so of the song has no signal...Just a blank wave, and then it kicks in at a random spot.

I have a year old I-Mac that's pretty loaded and running 10.12.

That being said, the partial rendered file sounded really good!
atlcdr1

Postby plgrmsprgrs » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:29 am

Just downloaded T-Racks 5 CS and tried to install. After double click and a short activity cycle, nothing happens. I've downloaded again and rebooted, but same result. Any ideas? Windows 10, i7 Dell Laptop. Thanks!
plgrmsprgrs

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:41 am

Hi, the previous two posts would be best served via our support system. Please open a ticket via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they will assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby plgrmsprgrs » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:48 am

Thanks Peter!
plgrmsprgrs

Postby XBones2012 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:25 am

atlcdr1,

I was having similar issues. I jumped right in to trying Master Match and I could load and play my clip (and it was audible). I could load a Reference and see the waveform, and even "play" but there was no audio on the Reference. I could click Learn Reference and it generated the "curve".
But when I clicked on Learn Source, it just showed "Waiting for Audio Playback" and even after hitting Play in the Transport and again hearing the clip audio, it sat there at "Waiting for Audio Playback".
I then noticed that the Master Match module was to the right of the "Output" section of the chain - i.e., not actually in the chain. (The manual notes that Master Match is always last in the chain - so being on the far right, I assumed at first glance that it was correct and "in the chain" - but not so.)
I hovered over the Master Match module and selected the rightmost "fast" icon and it moved it over into the chain - just to the left of the "Output" section of the chain, but still last in the chain as noted in the manual. Then everything worked. Hope this helps. :ugeek:
XBones2012

Postby whitealbum » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:19 pm

Cubase Pro 9 WIn 7 SP1
All VST3-Plugs from T-RackS 5 are listed in folder "Other" if you want to open an insert in Cubase.
This is not correct, obviously they should appear in folders like "Dynamics", "EQ" and so on.
Any Cubase USer who get the same problem?
whitealbum

Postby jcarter200 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Yep! I noticed this problem inside of Cubase 5. The way I fixed it was to only install the VST2 files instead of VST3. I literally have no idea what the differences are but now you can put them in a folder of your choice instead of the default 'Other'
jcarter200

Postby whitealbum » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:52 pm

The difference is easy, VST3 automatically insert it in the right subfolder, but i suppose there is a mistake in TRacks 5.
whitealbum

Postby jcarter200 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:12 pm

Ah that's good to know. I thought maybe VST3 took advantage of higher processing or bit depth but if all it does is put itself into a folder then I'm not missing much. I simply created a sub folder called IK Multimedia in my VST Plugin directory and shoved the dll files into that.
I'm sure they'll be able to fix it for everyone else that wants it properly organised.
jcarter200

Postby whitealbum » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:33 pm

VST3 is not only putting plugs in the right sub folder ;)
Sidechaining, needs CPU-power only when a audio signal is there and many more...
whitealbum

Postby IKmole » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:51 am

I can't get any of the VST3 versions of the plugins to pass audio in my DAW (Tracktion Waveform). I also can't change settings on the White 2A "Gain Reduction" control...although it will change if I choose one of the presets.
IKmole

Postby mfassi94 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:58 am

Hi,

I've installed T-racks 5 (Demo) on Windows 7-64 bits and am getting serious GUI problems on EQUAL. Basically it's unusable, parts of content/text just don't appear. Not possible to see curve numbers, etc...

The problem happens on standalone version as well as within Reaper 5

Other plugins look ok.

thnx
mfassi94

Postby rpirvined » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:54 pm

After all the trouble with Standalone GUI, I now find I have problems within the DAW...

The TR5 Suite GUI now doesn't load...All the plugins can be loaded separately , but not the TR5 Suite.

I'm using Reaper and at one stage yesterday it did load ok but not now.

Anybody else having problems loading the Suite within their DAW ?

Back to support I go....

EDIT:

I just fixed it. I renamed the T-Racks 5 folder in Users/<Username>/AppData/Roaming/IK Multimedia

When i started T-Racks again it created a new T-Racks 5 Folder, the old one must have been corrupted.

Just in case runs across the same problem, hope this helps.
rpirvined

Next

Return to T-RackS Mixing & Mastering