T-RackS 5 Pre-Sale / Pre-Order FAQ - T-FAQs!

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-RackS 5 Pre-Sale / Pre-Order FAQ - T-FAQs!

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:00 pm

Hi, since a technical issue has caused issues with our on-site FAQ we will post an ad hoc pre-sale / pre-order FAQ for T-RackS 5 here.

Please note that I won't lock the thread but this isn't meant for new questions or discussion. We will cull information to add to this FAQ from other threads (and elsewhere). With that in mind, don't be surprised if even innocuous posts are removed, don't take it personally but this is a different type of thread and there will be a bit of "martial law" as far as moderation goes. You have been gently warned. :P

Pricing/Purchasing

How much is T-RackS 5 during the pre-order period?
T-RackS 5: $/€99.99
T-RackS 5 Deluxe: $/€199.99
T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade*: $/€199.99
*from any previously purchased product of a value of $/€99.99 or more.
T-RackS 5 MAX: $/€329.99

Can I use JamPoints on the T-RackS 5 pre-order?
Yes! Learn more about JamPoints here

Where can I pre-order T-RackS 5?
You can preorder T-RackS 5 on IK's web shop or in Custom Shop

Can I use Gear Credits to purchase T-RackS 5 in Custom Shop?
No, Gear Credits cannot be used to purchase T-RackS 5 at this time.

When will T-RackS 5 be released?
T-RackS 5 will be released October 31, 2017 at 12:00pm EST. We've posted the T-RackS 5 Countdown on our web site.

How much will T-RackS 5 cost after the pre-order pricing ends?
T-RackS 5: $/€149.99
T-RackS 5 Deluxe: $/€299.99
T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade*: $/€299.99
*from any previously purchased product of a value of $/€99.99 or more.
T-RackS 5 MAX: $/€499.99

When will the T-RackS 5 special pre-order pricing end?
T-RackS 5 pre-order pricing will end upon release of T-RackS 5.

What do I get with my T-RackS 5 full purchase pre-order?
New features + 4 new models + 4 Classic models + Metering  (9 models total) - more info

If I upgrade to T-RackS 5 MAX, can I sell/transfer my previous T-RackS plugins/collection?
You can, with two caveats: 1) If you sell the 99.99+ product that qualified you for the upgrade, you will not be able to authorize and use T-RackS 5 MAX and 2) Your previous projects/sessions using v4 T-RackS plugins will no longer find those plugins after you transfer them or the collection which contained them.

But I already have a T-RackS collection and/or a la carte single plugins. What do I need to upgrade what I have?
To upgrade your existing T-RackS plugins to version 5 and to get the four new modules, new audio engine, enhanced metering, and more you merely need to purchase the 99.99 T-RackS 5 at special pre-order pricing (and use JamPoints for another up to 30% off!)

General/Compatibility

Are my T-RackS 4.x Singles and Classic, Deluxe, Grand, etc plugins updated in T-RackS 5?
Yes, Singles (and your current 4.x plugins from collections, or purchased a la carte, etc) will be able to take advantage of an updated UI appearance, better integration into modern DAWs, and resizable.

Will the audio quality improve in my T-RackS 4.x models?
No, but the new audiophile engine that includes higher sampling rates, new oversampling and dithering algorithms makes them sound just a touch more refined (where possible/applicable) in the new T-RackS 5 context (as T-RackS 5 Standalone processors, in the plugin suite or as single plugins in your DAW).

Will T-RackS 5 work on 32-bit systems?
No, T-RackS 5 is 64-bit only.

Will T-RackS 5 replace my loaded T-RackS 4 plugins in DAW sessions/projects?
No, old sessions/projects will still look for and load T-RackS 4 plugins. T-RackS 5 can be used alongside or used to replace your T-RackS 4 plugins in your projects if you wish (and at your pace and discretion).

What happens to my T-RackS plug-ins when I purchase T-RackS 5?
You will still have those T-RackS plug-ins and Custom Shop available. All of your current projects will continue to load them. In addition you will have the T-RackS 5-equivalents of your plug-ins available, for use in T-RackS 5 standalone, the plug-in suite or as individual plug-ins.

Can I host third-party plugins in T-RackS 5 standalone?
No, third-party plugins cannot be hosted inside T-RackS 5 standalone. You would need to use T-RackS 5 in your DAW to use it alongside third-party plugins.

Are individual "singles" plugins resizable or just the Standalone T-RackS 5?
Yes they are! Another great feature of T-RackS 5 is that the sections within the Standalone are also individually resizable.

Is there a level-matching function/tool in T-RackS 5?
Yes! The "Equal Gain" control will allow you to compare results at the same level so you don't
have to guess whether it is just "louder is better" - you'll hear the results at the same level.

Mastering/Album Assembly

Can T-RackS 5 Standalone export DDP images?
Yes, it can. You can export single high quality master audio files or the whole project in various formats such as WAV, AIF, standard DDP image for professional replication plants, or Wav Cue files.

How are pauses handled in T-RackS 5 Standalone?
Manually entered red-book compliant “Pause” IDs are very rarely used today in CD mastering, thus they are not going to be available in T-RackS 5.0 initial release. This features will be considered in the future if needed. In T-RackS 5 the EDL (Edit Decision List) is automatically assembled by T-RackS 5 which generates the necessary pauses to properly compile the PQ list including pauses, etc without requiring the user to add the “Pause” ID.

Mixing with T-RackS 5

Is T-RackS 5 just a mastering tool or can I use it for mixing too?
T-RackS 5 is great for mixing! Check out the video at this URL for a walkthrough: https://youtu.be/6iWiwlSGWdg

Master Match

Can Master Match also learn references from tracks within my DAW (to copy/paste the timbre from one track to others in the same project)?
Master Match cannot do this at this time but the request was relayed to the developers. However, it is important to note that T-RackS 5 Master Match is not just a copy of other "EQ matching" systems you find in DAWs or from other manufacturers. This is, instead, especially made for mixes and masters, mixed music. The balance Master Match provides is not just a “copy” of the frequency response, it does more - more in-depth and not by merely directly matching the frequency response 1:1 (which is something we know doesn’t work properly on mixes) and therefore it may not work as expected on single tracks. However it does work wonders on mixed material, which is that was missing in the market and what Master Match does well.

T-RackS 5 CS (free)

Will there be a free version (T-RackS CS)?
Yes, there will be version 5 of T-RackS CS, which will have some limitations.

Will my existing modules be unlocked and use the new redesigned GUIs?
Yes, your existing modules will be unlocked in T-RackS 5 CS, which will have some limitations as mentioned above and detailed below.

What are the limitations of the free version (T-RackS 5 CS)?*
  • Only Classic EQ is included (for new users - registered users with purchased modules will also have their modules unlocked. Metering does not count as a purchased module.)
  • None of the new modules (Master Match, Dyna-Mu, EQual, ONE)
  • Simplified Metering
  • No Metering Window in Standalone/Plugin Suite
  • No Assembly Window in Standalone/Plugin Suite
  • No export of DDP, WAV Cue, PQ Sheet
  • No Track ID editing
  • No Equal Gain option
  • 1 Dithering option (vs 4)
  • Project sample rate 44.1-48kHz
  • No manual resizing
  • No Undo/Redo

*Subject to changes/additions

Note: All prices shown excluding taxes
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: T-RackS 5 Pre-Sale / Pre-Order FAQ - T-FAQs!

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:16 pm

Adding a reply so anybody subscribed to this thread will know there have been changes (T-RackS 5 CS free version information added). Enjoy!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Changed the "When will T-RackS 5 be released?" question to reflect the announced release date and time.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:52 pm

Added "No Undo/Redo" to the T-RackS 5 CS limitations section.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:52 am

Locked as TR5 has been released for a while and to prevent spam.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox