Introducing Mic Room for T-RackS

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:50 pm

Re-mike your recordings with a virtual collection of over 20 stunning studio microphones

Mic Room is a powerful microphone-modeling tool for T-RackS that puts a world-class collection of over 20 classic and contemporary microphones at your fingertips. It gives you the power to process and "re-mike" your physical microphones to sound and perform like some of the most coveted microphone models of all time from ribbons to dynamics to condensers and beyond. It also offers a plethora of inspiring tone-sculpting tools that are conveniently ready for use in your favorite DAW.

Top Sound quality

Mic Room offers an astonishing level of detail and accuracy, each of its virtual microphone models boasts the true frequency response, nuanced character and specific sound of its counterpart. That means you can tap into the harmonic complexity of tube condensers, the "in-your-face" tone of dynamics and velvety smoothness of ribbon types. You can even fuel your creativity with Mic Room's quirkier options, like tube and telephone microphones.

Endless possibilities

Mic Room lets you effortlessly change the sonic profile of recorded audio to match the signature of a chosen microphone. Want to transform a dynamic into a condenser? A condenser into a ribbon? Well, Mic Room is a T-RackS module, so you can slap it onto an individual track (either inside T-RackS or as a standalone plug-in) and then change recorded audio from vocals and miked instruments and amplifiers. Once on a track, Mic Room lets you choose the original source microphone and then a new microphone to re-mike it with, so you can harness a new level of nuance, color and tonal character.

Creative tone control

Beyond its high-fidelity sound, Mic Room also comes packed with a number of additional tone control features that have been designed to enhance your recording experience. The Proximity effect less you play with the "proximity effect" that naturally adds bass when a source is near a microphone. Dial it in for a rich and deep "FM radio vocals" sound. Or dial it down to scoop the low frequencies out. The Harmonic control effect gives you the full power and rich harmonic complexity of a tube condenser. This control lets you add saturation, character and texture to your recordings.

Plug and play

Though Mic Room for T-RackS can liven up the character of any microphone, it works best when paired with iRig Mic Studio, iRig Pro DUO, iRig PRO, iRig Mic HD, iRig Mic and other quality microphones and interfaces from IK Multimedia.

Pricing and availability

Mic Room is available now via the IK online store and T-RackS Custom Shop for just $/€69.99* (or just 70 Gear Credits).

*all prices excluding taxes
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Introducing Mic Room for T-RackS

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:55 pm

I'll be the first - trying to outdo Slate Digital on mic remodeling?

I know I'm being cynical but still..........

There's no way in Hades you're going to make am SM57 sound like a Neumann U87. It's not just the mic pattern or the sound difference between a dynamic and a condenser mic but the non-linearities in each mic. And don't forget the sound of a multi-pattern mic changes on the pattern used - the same frequency response doesn't carry across all patterns, especially proximity effect on certain mics - hello EV RE20.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:28 pm

If you are skeptical you could always demo it... Note that we've had success with this in our Mic Room app that has been out for a while, we definitely know what we're doing with modeling, and the proximity effect you mention has been thought of by our engineers (you can read about it above or again try it all out for yourself).

Skepticism is great, but please do give it a try and note that this is exactly what was said about any modeling yet we continue to push the boundaries. In comparison to the other product (that I don't believe is actually in customers' hands yet), note that this costs less and you don't have to wait for proprietary hardware to arrive via post if you already have any of the source microphones (which include any of the modeled microphones which can be used as source if you have them).
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jwhipjr » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:46 pm

So I can use this as a plug in on a DAW guitar/instrument track? Can it integrate with AT4 somehow?
jwhipjr

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:35 pm

jwhipjr wrote:So I can use this as a plug in on a DAW guitar/instrument track? Can it integrate with AT4 somehow?

It is meant to be used like that, as an insert effect on a DAW track. The microphones in AmpliTube are very accurate models as well,and are integrated into the Cab Room in a way that works well in the complete chain inside AmpliTube.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby fiveblairs » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:43 pm

So is my assumption correct that if my only mic is an MXL condenser I should select one of the most similar source mics in the software for the source? Or just flip between the source and output combinations to see what sounds best in the mix context? Just trying to figure out what approach makes sense given the only mic I currently have access to.
fiveblairs

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:53 pm

fiveblairs wrote:So is my assumption correct that if my only mic is an MXL condenser I should select one of the most similar source mics in the software for the source? Or just flip between the source and output combinations to see what sounds best in the mix context? Just trying to figure out what approach makes sense given the only mic I currently have access to.

I would say that a best practice might be to choose the most similar source mic inside Mic Room but you most certainly can (and probably should) experiment with other sources. Like you mention, you may find something that fits well in the context of your project/source material.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:47 am

Here is a new video: Matty Amendola Prepping the Mix with Mic Room for T-RackS
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby roza0006 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm using the trial version of Mic Room and I keep getting intermittent static. One post mentioned that purchasing the product will solve the problem. Is this true or is there something else I am not doing? I'd like to get an idea of what Mic Room will be like before buying, but the static is extremely distracting and annoying.
roza0006

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:04 pm

roza0006 wrote:I'm using the trial version of Mic Room and I keep getting intermittent static. One post mentioned that purchasing the product will solve the problem. Is this true or is there something else I am not doing? I'd like to get an idea of what Mic Room will be like before buying, but the static is extremely distracting and annoying.

Sounds like you are using the trial but without Custom Shop open in the background (or using it beyond the trial period). There are no noise bursts during the normal demo process, nor with the purchased version of course.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby roza0006 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:28 pm

Not sure why it still does it. I am only one day into the trial. I have custom shop open and I've tried restarting all the apps (Garage band, custom shop, and Mic Room) several times in different sequences. I'll look for other software.
roza0006

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:21 pm

roza0006 wrote:Not sure why it still does it. I am only one day into the trial. I have custom shop open and I've tried restarting all the apps (Garage band, custom shop, and Mic Room) several times in different sequences. I'll look for other software.

Support can assist you, as there shouldn't be noise bursts during the demo (where you click "TRY" in Custom Shop and leave it open as you state you are doing). You can reach support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they will assist you directly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby blownspirit » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:09 am

Hello I got the demo, great stuff really, and I'm asking, I own 4 mics at home which are AT 2020, Shure SM57, AkG D5 and AKG perception 170, except the 57, which on the list source of the Mic Room is close to the Audio Technica 2020, For the others I guess the D5 is in the range of the Shure 58..

Thanks
NB; I use the AT2020, D5 for vocals.
The perception for acoustic stuffs, and both the AT and the 57 to capture guitar Cabinet and acoustic guitar.
blownspirit

Postby simon.a.billington » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:30 pm

What I would like to see is the ARC mic also added to the list.

I also think it would be a great option to be able to set the source mic as flat (no mic). This would open up a powerful creative possibility of using Mic Room to create a pseudo type of mic'ing arrangement on various types of virtual instruments and effects.

Oh and a Sennheiser e845 would make another great addition to your mic list ;)
simon.a.billington

Postby albert6720 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:06 am

Its really a nice feature especially for the person who are beginner in this field. As they don't know more how to adjust a specific mic for recording.
Nothing For Discussion :P
http://soldierstudio.com/
albert6720

Next

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox