Patterns in Sampletank 3

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Patterns in Sampletank 3

Postby daveelson » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:15 pm

I will be downloading S3 Free this weekend for the purposes of getting some experience, and plan on purchasing S3 soon.
My question relates to patterns etc.
Background:
I have S2.5, and recently purchased a M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro. Having some fun with that (just as a hobbyist) and I found out I can load up 2.5 standalone, trigger sounds from the TFP (blending sounds creates some interesting results) and then record them directly into Reason 7.

Can I create my own patterns in S3? The TFP has a step sequencer, and being able to create my own patterns would be quite cool. I have looked at the video but I don't think it gave any answer.
Also - can S3 (free or otherwise) load up all the sounds from my Sampletron/Moog/Sonik Synth etc?
On reading the forum it looks like it may be possible but I'm not sure.
Thanks all.
daveelson

Re: Patterns in Sampletank 3

Postby DarkStar » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Can I create my own patterns in S3?
'Fraid not. ST3 Patterns are part of the ST3 library. Although they are essentially MIDI, they cannot be edited nor can you add your own MIDI files to them. They can be dragged into your DAW where you can edit them (but you cannot put them back in the ST3 Library).

My own feeling is that IK Multimedia may make some more available for purchase via the ST3 Shopping Cart icon at some stage.

Also - can S3 (free or otherwise) load up all the sounds from my Sampletron/Moog/Sonik Synth etc?
ST3 Free - no; it can only load its own ST3 Free instruments. ST3 SE and ST3 Full can Import those sounds into the ST3 library; but not perfectly. A few glitches have been reported - with workarounds for some and awaiting fixes from IK Multimedia for others..
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby daveelson » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:08 pm

Thanks mate - appreciate it.
daveelson

Postby jeliyahu » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:25 pm

Hi there. Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, but it seems to me maybe you could help.

I'm looking for a way to play live this way: a looped pre-recorded solo playback with me accompanying live on a hardware synth. I thought maybe I'd be able to do this with ST3 [the set list would be perfect for that], but if I understand you correctly, there's no option to import my own loops. Is this correct?

If, sadly, I'm correct - could you give me an idea where or what could help me do this [without buying a whole new keyboard arranger...]

Thanks!
Eli
jeliyahu

Postby daveelson » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Eli

I can't help with you question I'm afraid. I'm not into live playing/dj stuff. Someone else may be able to help but it looks like you can't import your own loops.
I'm sure there's a program that will help though.
Have you asked over at KVR?
daveelson

Postby jeliyahu » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:35 pm

OK. thanks for the info. I'll continue my search...
jeliyahu

Postby ConfessChrist » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:01 pm

jeliyahu wrote:Hi there. Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, but it seems to me maybe you could help.

I'm looking for a way to play live this way: a looped pre-recorded solo playback with me accompanying live on a hardware synth. I thought maybe I'd be able to do this with ST3 [the set list would be perfect for that], but if I understand you correctly, there's no option to import my own loops. Is this correct?

If, sadly, I'm correct - could you give me an idea where or what could help me do this [without buying a whole new keyboard arranger...]

Thanks!
Eli

You can't create your own midi patterns in SampleTank 3, but you should be able to do what you want by using ST3 as a plugin within a Digital Audio Workstation (like Reaper, Ableton Live...etc). I haven't tried this myself, but it should work. You would not be using the patterns feature in ST3 but your DAW could be setup to handle the looping of the midi sequence.
ConfessChrist

Postby mmimedia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:19 pm

I have loaded all 8 of my sample packs, legacy libraries Syntronik, NRG and so on. Have all the instruments to play. What I am missing is the Patterns that come with SampleTank 3 on the iPad.Every Instrument Group has its Patterns to the right side. I can play Drum Loops, but when i click on a Instrument (lets say Electronic Guitar or Windwoods) and then go to the Patterns Page, there are no associated patterns to play. Looked inside of my software install and they are located inside the SampleTank Patterns folder labels 1 - 16. I also have this contained in the folder as well
100_SampleTank 3 Free

Should II remove the 100_SampleTank 3 Free folder from the Patterns Library or is there something else I am missing to doing or not doing correctly? Be a Hero with help! Thank you in advance.
mmimedia

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Hello mmimedia and welcome to the forum.

SampleTank on the iPad is a different product from SampleTank 3 on a PC/Mac and I do not know if there are different Patterns.

Looking in the Patterns folder here, there are over 2,200 pattern file (.mid file extension) and I can see them in the ST3 Browser / Patterns tab. Have you got them in the folder too?

You may need to click the right-pointing triangle to expand the section in the browser (it will change to a downwards-pointing triangle and show the contents). Then double-click a pattern in the Browser to load it - some keys from C0 upwards in the ST3 virtual keyboard will be highlighted.

The "100_SampleTank 3 Free" folder is probably a left-over - did you have the free version installed previously? The patterns in there are, I guess, duplicates of those in the other patterns folders.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby mmimedia » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:46 pm

I went into my Applications folder inside my Library. In the Patterns Folder, I simply just pushed “file by name” in alphabetical order. Went back and opened the SampleTank 3 and “Bang!” All Patterns appeared. SampleTank 3 is working perfectly now. Thank you for your reply to my post. I certainly appreciate your time and caring in my question above.
mmimedia

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Good oh! :)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More