Miroslav Multi and key switching

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Multi and key switching

Postby eitarokawaguchi » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:59 pm

I just purchased Miroslav Phil, and am pleased with the sounds of solo string instruments.
I am, however, disappointed that it lacks articulation key switching.
Having to switch MIDI CH to select articulations in Multi setup is not convenient for me.
I tried 'channel-solo'ing trick via control change (71-74, 91-94) but this does not work well because it cuts sound off abruptly.
I see that Sample Tank 3 has key switched multi's.
My question is:
With ST3 is it possible to construct user defined key switching when you import Miroslav sounds?
Thank you for any help on this.

Eitaro Kawaguchi
eitarokawaguchi

Re: Miroslav Multi and key switching

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Hello eitarokawaguchi and welcome to the forum.

ST3 does have (30-35?) orchestral Key-Switched instruments (and about 20-25 others).

users cannot define / alter the key-switching. But this feature has been requested.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby eitarokawaguchi » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:04 am

Thank you for the quick response.
As another user posted, is there a downloadable file (before buying ST3) that contains list of (KS identified) instruments in ST3?
Thank you again.
eitarokawaguchi

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:50 am

All the Sounds are listed here (click on [More Info] in each category, but not just the key-switched ones.

Oops, I omitted the link:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3/index.php?pp=sampletank-3-sounds

Expand the category you are interested in and use the Browser Search to find the "KS" ones.

Or (based on the instrument names) ...
Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/aSHM3Pr.png
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby anp27 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:36 am

eitarokawaguchi wrote:I just purchased Miroslav Phil, and am pleased with the sounds of solo string instruments.
I am, however, disappointed that it lacks articulation key switching.
Having to switch MIDI CH to select articulations in Multi setup is not convenient for me.
I tried 'channel-solo'ing trick via control change (71-74, 91-94) but this does not work well because it cuts sound off abruptly.
I see that Sample Tank 3 has key switched multi's.
My question is:
With ST3 is it possible to construct user defined key switching when you import Miroslav sounds?

Hey Eitaro, which DAW do you use? If you use Logic Pro X, I might be able to provide the ultimate solution for your Miroslav Philharmonik key switching woes. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gqsCzxY8M
anp27

Postby eitarokawaguchi » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:18 pm

DarkStar wrote:All the Sounds are listed here(click on [More Info] in each category, but not just the key-switched ones.
Expand the category you are interested in and use the Browser Search to find the "KS" ones.

Thank you for the info. The PNG is a big help. But I fail to see where 'here' above is...(missing h-link?)

anp27 wrote:Hey Eitaro, which DAW do you use? If you use Logic Pro X, I might be able to provide the ultimate solution for your Miroslav Philharmonik key switching woes. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gqsCzxY8M

Thank you. I shall save your info for future reference.
I don't have a 'DAW' other than Adobe Audition 3, whose MIDI functions seem rather limited.
I use Overture to enter/control music.
Last edited by eitarokawaguchi on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eitarokawaguchi

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:01 pm

Oops, I omitted the link:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3/index.php?pp=sampletank-3-sounds

(now added to my earlier post, too)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby anp27 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:03 am

eitarokawaguchi wrote:Thank you. I shall save your info for future reference. I use Oveture to enter/control music.

Oh ok, well, if you ever move over to using a Mac and Logic Pro X, hit me up. I would be happy to help. I checked out Overture 4, and it seems to support key switching though I don't own the software so I don't know how to do it. Actually there is a notation software called Notion 5 that supports Miroslav Philharmonik directly, I think there are templates to use the Miroslav library specifically. You are able to insert key switches into your score and the articulations will play back perfectly. You should actually check Notion out because this sounds like the type of thing you're trying to do it seems..
anp27

Postby eitarokawaguchi » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Many thanks to DarkStar & anp27 for the useful info!
eitarokawaguchi

Postby mansook » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:13 pm

If you use Logic Pro X, I might be able to provide the ultimate solution for your Miroslav Philharmonik key switching woes. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gqsCzxY8M[/quote]

I am a Logic Pro User, and am inquiring whether the Key switching software by AG would work with MP 1.1.2 through STCS 3?
mansook

Postby anp27 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:35 pm

mansook wrote:I am a Logic Pro User, and am inquiring whether the Key switching software by AG would work with MP 1.1.2 through STCS 3?

The AG Toolkit requires Logic 10.x. What is STCS 3?
anp27

Postby mansook » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:54 am

The AG Toolkit requires Logic 10.x. What is STCS 3?

Great to know that it works with Miroslav v 1.1.2 and thanks for your prompt reply.
I am using Logic 10.3.3. (STCS) Sample Tank Custom Shop 3. Cheers.
mansook

Postby anp27 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:06 am

mansook wrote:The AG Toolkit requires Logic 10.x. What is STCS 3?

Great to know that it works with Miroslav v 1.1.2 and thanks for your prompt reply.
I am using Logic 10.3.3. (STCS) Sample Tank Custom Shop 3. Cheers.[/quote]
Yeah, the AG Toolkit will work flawlessly on 10.3.3. Have fun!
anp27

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More