SampleTank 3 SE version released

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 3 SE version released

Postby Flapman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:04 am

Had exactly the same problem last week. The "Authorization Manager" leads to a page with a dead link. Maybe it would be easier if it just would take the customer directly to the "IK User Area" where you can find anything in one place. ;)
Flapman

Postby hardsand » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:47 pm

Hi guys, I am confused about ST3 and ST3 SE.
I upgraded to ST3 ($199.00) from a previous version of ST2.
Is this an improvement to what I have or is it upgrade for other versions of ST3?
Today on the IKM website, I got a message to go to user area and download SE and copy the serial #.
OK fine, but what are the instructions after I downloaded it to my Mac finder.
Where do I put the sounds (part 1 & 2) after downloading and unziping.
Thanks.
hardsand

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:02 am

That message should be for SampleTank 3 Free not SE and either way, you have everything you need with the full version of SampleTank 3. If you still have confusion, you can contact support and they will be able to look directly at your account and advise.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hardsand » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:35 am

Thanks. I thought I had everything for ST3, but with the letters SE and "download now" I thought I needed to do something. Glad you set me straight! I found the latest download for patterns and sounds for ST3.

Thanks for all of your help in the past. This computer stuff is trying at times, but with guys like you, dark star, and others, this hobby of mine is much more approachable when I have time to play or pull my remaining hairs out of my head with a computer/application problem. Tech Support is fine as well, however you guys are real time and just as helpful.

God Bless!
hardsand

Postby Chizilla » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:16 am

Hi There,
I logged into my account and did see SampleTank 3 SE was sent to my account, is it for free?
Chizilla

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:47 am

Are you sure that it is not SampleTank 3 Free?

But if it is SE and you did not buy it then check with IK Multimedia Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Chizilla » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:58 am

Hey Darkstar,
Nice to see after long time, it is SE and not 3, could you check my account please ? ST 3 FREE version is there too.
Chizilla

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:24 am

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby philip888 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Sorry if this is covered in this thread but it is all the place.

Question.

Can I run my old Sample Tron in SampleTank 3 SE?

Thank you.
philip888

Postby gplea » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:26 pm

So, I have ST2.5L with Miroslav Philharmonik, and Sonk ?. Was told I have to get the SE version to import all of the old 2.5 sounds, and the other 2 libraries. So, if the SE version comes with 4000 sounds, how many of those sounds are legacy samples?

Tnx.
DAW: PreSonus Sphere. PreSonus Studio 1824C, & ATOM SQ, NI S88 MK1. MinisForum NAB6: 12 Gen i7-12650H, 32Gig RAM, 512Gig SSD, Win11Pro
gplea

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:05 pm

philip888 wrote:Sorry if this is covered in this thread but it is all the place.

Question.

Can I run my old Sample Tron in SampleTank 3 SE?

Thank you.

Yes, you can import SampleTron into SampleTank 3 SE. We have a video about how to import legacy libraries here:
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:08 pm

gplea wrote:So, I have ST2.5L with Miroslav Philharmonik, and Sonk ?. Was told I have to get the SE version to import all of the old 2.5 sounds, and the other 2 libraries. So, if the SE version comes with 4000 sounds, how many of those sounds are legacy samples?

Tnx.

The sounds are listed here and are from SampleTank 3 so would be no overlap with what you have: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... -se-sounds
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby robojam » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:16 am

Quick question Peter - I have been playing around with ST3 too much to even get round to importing my older libraries, but have to do it soon, and one thing came to mind - do I have to install SampleTron to get the library files, or could I copy the instrument folders to my SampleTank root folder and just import them?

I would rather just use the ST interface, so if I don't actually have to install SampleTron at all, that would be preferable. No big deal if I can't do this though.
robojam

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:56 am

You just have to have access to the sound library. Point ST3 to it and it will import and convert them for you, storing them in a subfolder of your ST3 library folder.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby coco7even@gmail.com » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Does it work in 32 bit?
coco7even@gmail.com

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More