Missing Syntronik GS-V

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Missing Syntronik GS-V

Postby jeffn1 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:43 am

I have been having a few issues with Syntonik 2 (I bought it in Group Buy a few years back and have used it a lot)

But, now I am just looking to fix the fact that GS-V is missing. All my other synths are there. I used to have it. But, now it does not show up.

I updated my Product Manager. It said some files were missing for the GS-V, so I told it to update.

It is doing that now. That was probably a mistake because it seems to be redownloading all the samples files. Ugh!

Once it is finished I will see what happens (the Product Manager said "Loading Setup" and now copying files 39%, please wait)...still waiting on it....and waiting....

All the paths seems right.

Any thoughts?

Maybe what should I have done instead of updating the GS-V (at least I did not say "update all"!).

Thank you for any suggestions.

Jeff
jeffn1

Re: Missing Syntronik GS-V

Postby jeffn1 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 pm

Well, I am trying to understand what it is going on.

I think it spent a few hours (or more) downloading/reinstalling(?) sound files from the IK site for the GS-V. (I had also installed Sampletank CS as per IK's instruction, but doing that on its own did not correct this issue).

Frankly, I was somewhat surprised (but happy!) that when I opened up Syntronik, now the GS-V shows up and works.

I am in the process of trying to do the same thing on my back up laptop. Hopefully it will fix it on that too.

But I'd like to know exactly what happened and what I did.

Does anyone have any idea? (Does this mean I should do the same thing for other Syntronik synths that seem be working fine? I am inclined not to).

Thanks for any help.
jeffn1

Postby jeffn1 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:24 pm

Wow, I guess you are on your own here!

I ended up downloading the full GS5 Synth download, including all samples, I believe (I probably am using at least double the hard drive space that I need to now, since I did not delete anything).

I created a new folder inside the other GS5 folder, scanned it, and it worked!

I new have the synth back. (There is a Clav in there I really love to use with Disco Inferno).

I would think I did not need to reinstall all the sounds. But I am glad it worked.

....I guess you are really on your own here!
jeffn1

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:16 pm

There are thousands of users on this forum, sorry to see that none chimed in with suggestions (as this is a user-to-user forum, not intended for direct technical support as is stated as the first item in the rules linked at the top of each page and to which you agree when signing up for the forum).

IK users are never "on their own" since we have a staff of support personnel ready to assist via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ and I'm sure they can sort out any remaining issues for OP and anybody else having trouble.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jeffn1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:48 pm

Well, I am just glad it is sorted out now.

One a few occasions I have "lost" my "patches" that were saved as the "saved state" in Gig Performer. The last time happened I had to figure out a lot of sounds a use for many songs/song parts parts (it took many hours).

I wish IK's developers would work closely with the developers of Gig Performer so this does not happen.

Thanks,

Jeff
jeffn1

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More