Pianoverse Installation Issues

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Pianoverse Installation Issues

Postby jacksone » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:19 am

One of my PC's (Windows 11) NVME drive had an issue so I had the misfortune of having to reinstall everything including Pianoverse.
The prior installation worked out (after many attempts).
So I faced this current installation with some trepidation :-).

This time around I've attempted the installation more times than I can count...
All to no avail.

The installation of Hammond B-3X (best clonewheel in the universe) was easy with no luck necessary for a successful install.
I've completely fallen in love with Pianoverse.
I'm really confused as to why one product installs with the greatest of ease, yet the other is a convoluted mess.

This is all I see,
Image >>> https://imgur.com/Pj0luOI.png

If someone could help me, I'd appreciate it very much.
Because, like I said, I love Pianoverse.

One more oddity,
regardless of how many times I tell the IKM Product Manager to install the Pianoverse Concert Grand YF3, I still has the Install icon as if it didn't install.
Image >>> https://imgur.com/J7BJVem.png
This happened on my previous drive, but it still showed up in the actual Pianoverse Application (Standalone and VST in the DAW)

Thanks,
Desperately missing my Pianoverse
jacksone

Re: Pianoverse Installation Issues

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:33 pm

This is indeed puzzling, have you reported your issue to IK Support? It would be great if they could take a look and see if there's something they need to report to the developers or similar. Plus, of course it would be great to get you up and running again with Pianoverse!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jacksone » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:25 am

Peter_IK wrote:This is indeed puzzling, have you reported your issue to IK Support? It would be great if they could take a look and see if there's something they need to report to the developers or similar. Plus, of course it would be great to get you up and running again with Pianoverse!

I did Peter.
After support suggested several things including editing the registry and me asking twice if we could do a TeamViewer session, they capitulated. I was told they could do it any day after 1pm EST. But once I said, I can do it now and gave my TeamViewer ID. I was told they couldn't do it today. Lol.
Now I can't work with support until Friday (that's when I work remote from home and have access to my PC).
I take it there is either only one support agent at IKM or only one shift (8-5).

Ticket #5753694

Thanks Peter.
jacksone

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:56 pm

We have multiple support agents of course, but there is one assigned to each ticket from the multiple agents we have. I'm sure they will be able to assist you when you have your remote session.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jacksone » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:33 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Peter
jacksone

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:31 pm

jacksone wrote:Thanks for the encouragement Peter

Who is helping you with the session, I can reach out and provide them a little "encouragement" :D

(Of course I'm not seriously implying I would be evil toward someone here at IK, I have faith that they'll be very helpful and should not need that sort of "encouragement"... I was being cheeky)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jacksone » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:10 pm

Thanks for the comic relief.
They think they've got it figured out, but it's a change that IT at IKM will have to make.

I'll be so happy once this is working. :-)

Cheers
jacksone

Postby jacksone » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:26 pm

Installation issue resolved. Apparently a sudden license issue that was taken care of on the IKM side.

Now, I've got to figure out why Pianoverse distorts and crackles so much while other VSTs do not.

Prior to the NVME drive dying and having to reinstall it, it was fine (beautiful sounding).
So, I've got to figure out what went wrong.

Thanks for the encouragement Peter and the solution Jason!
jacksone

Postby mhalloran » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:35 am

One more oddity,
regardless of how many times I tell the IKM Product Manager to install the Pianoverse Concert Grand YF3, I still has the Install icon as if it didn't install.

This happened on my previous drive, but it still showed up in the actual Pianoverse Application (Standalone and VST in the DAW)

The Mac has the same issue. The libraries install and work — that's not the problem. Because the IK Product Manager does not know that the YF3 has installed, the Project Manager might not quit and can hang up other installations. Rebooting does not help but force-quitting does.

Of the 14 installer files, #7 is missing 5 characters and a space found in the other 13. I have the screen shots that show this. I suspect that this is why the Project Manager doesn't show the install as being completed.

It took me over a week to convince Support that, even though the do libraries install, there really is a problem. Finally, someone else looked at my screen shots and sent this to Engineering. That was over a month ago and I've not heard back.

This is easy to test by deleting the installer files forcing the Product Manager to download them again as I did yesterday. #7 is still missing that little bit of code and the Project Manager still doesn't know that YF3 is installed. The macOS doesn't matter—it's the same on my 2012 MBPro over Catalina and my M2 Studio Ultra over Sonoma 14.4.1
mhalloran

Postby jacksone » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:05 am

I love the sound and power/flexibility of Pianoverse.
Although the Yamaha Piano doesn't show it's been dl in IKPM it loads fine now.

Fantastic sounding!
jacksone

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More