"Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path..."

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

"Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path..."

Postby Mjusick » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:36 am

Hi there!
Unfortunately, I have never been able to fully install all of Sample Tank's presets and especially those for Syntronik (for years).
I've started now because I no longer have to pay extra for that to reinstall all the sounds again (with German internet from the country...). Unfortunately, that doesn't really work.
Sounds are shown as installed in the Product Manager and appear in Syntronik, but when I try to load them into I get an error message ("Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path...").
Unfortunately, “reinstall” doesn’t work either, nothing happens. I hope that at some point I will actually be able to fully use the beautiful products I have purchased.
After all that frustration I would be very happy about a solution.

Best regards, Markus!
Mjusick

Re: "Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path..."

Postby Mjusick » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:07 pm

Another problem has arisen, perhaps it is related to the first one: If I now try to install something (sounds) via the Product Manager, the status "Launching setup..." stops and nothing happens anymore ( for hours... :cry: ).
By the way, I have a Mac Mini M2 Pro with Sonoma 14.1.1
Mjusick

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:15 pm

That sounds like a permissions issue with the download location (you can see the location in the settings for IK Product Manager) so I'd suggest trying to either change those permissions or create a new folder for the IK Product Manager to save the downloaded installers.

If that doesn't help, IK Support can assist you directly via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Mjusick » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:22 am

Thank you for the quick answer, I already had the idea with directory rights before, but I don't think that was it.
But I actually managed it now!
It took a very long time, I had a lot of patience.
Syntronic is now fully installed.
I was able to install some sounds via the Product Manager (usually several attempts), while for others I downloaded the files from the website and installed them manually.
The installer didn't work for several of them and it crashed immediately after starting. Then I simply copied the files into the appropriate folders and scanned everything again in Syntronik.
I hope that not many people have this trouble, but if you do and have a lot of patience, you could try it like this...
Unfortunately I don't know why I had these big problems. However, there have often been problems with the sound installation on SampleTank and also on my Windows computer.
Mjusick

Postby ponyboysa42 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:50 pm

I have the exact same problem. What are permissions? I still have all the sounds downloads in download folder so I can load anywhere quick but I want to erase. I have a separate Syntronik Sampletank 3 & 4 folder on my desk top and those set as one of locations to look. I have also installed sound in same folder its saying the sound is missing. I can install the sound in one of the routed folders and watch it appear after I rescan in syntronic with all presets n I still get the error. What am I doing wrong?
ponyboysa42

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More