2 sample tank questions (voices and pitch)

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

2 sample tank questions (voices and pitch)

Postby crystAlex » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:35 pm

Hi all,

so I'm using the Sample Tank 4 with the Syntronic J-60 and Syntronic 2CS
A modified patch starting from the "Drenched FM plucks" Patch (J60) and Kalimba Tines Space (2CS).

2 issues:
Altough I have other sounds working with polyphony, that doesn't seem to be the case for the Drenched FM plucks one. Poly is on, voices on 64, but I only hear the top voice. Everything says the pluging is authorized. What else could I be missing?

2nd issue, the kalimba patch seems very dissonant/off pitch when playing chords, but this seems to be resolved when I go up a few octaves. Is this a setting? Something to make it authentic to the original perhaps, that can be turned off?

I can imagine you'll need more info, so please let me know if that's the case, and thanks in advance for any and all tips!

Alex
crystAlex

Re: 2 sample tank questions (voices and pitch)

Postby Promidi » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:44 pm

For Drenched FM plucks, the note value is being fed to the FM modulator Effect. The last pressed note of a chord will be the note you will hear.

As for the Kalimba Tines Space, I am putting that down to the samples used. For that one you might have to find a similar sound, but that does have the dissonance.
Promidi

Re: 2 sample tank questions (voices and pitch)

Postby crystAlex » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:44 am

Thanks so much.
Tough luck for the Drenched plucks... I'll have to choose between polyphony, modulation (or doubling the track, of course). Clear!

I'm glad I wasn't just overlooking some basic setting :-)
crystAlex

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More