Syntronik/SampleTank & Logic

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik/SampleTank & Logic

Postby Rottenlime » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:45 pm

Is it possible to use Syntronik or SampleTank as well as if it were a normal Logic Software Instrument?

I have iRigMIDI 2 as an interface.
Thanks for any helpful replies.

Paolo
Rottenlime

Re: Syntronik/SampleTank & Logic

Postby doveslendf » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:49 am

Rottenlime wrote:Is it possible to use Syntronik or SampleTank as well as if it were a normal Logic Software Instrument?

I have iRigMIDI 2 as an interface.
Thanks for any helpful replies.

Paolo

Yes, it is indeed possible to use Syntronik or SampleTank as normal Logic Software Instruments with your iRigMIDI 2 interface. Both Syntronik and SampleTank are compatible with Logic Pro and can be used as virtual instruments within your Logic projects.

To use Syntronik or SampleTank in Logic Pro with your iRigMIDI 2 interface, follow these general steps:

Connect your iRigMIDI 2 interface to your computer using a USB cable.

Launch Logic Pro on your computer.

Make sure your iRigMIDI 2 interface is recognized and properly configured in Logic Pro's MIDI settings. You may need to set it up as a MIDI input device in Logic's preferences.

Open a new or existing Logic project.

Create a new software instrument track by selecting "Software Instrument" when creating a new track.

In the instrument channel strip, click on the instrument slot to load a new instrument.

From the instrument library, locate and select either Syntronik or SampleTank as the instrument plugin you want to use.

Once selected, you should be able to play and control Syntronik or SampleTank using your MIDI keyboard or controller connected to the iRigMIDI 2 interface.

Remember to also refer to the user manuals and documentation provided with Syntronik, SampleTank, and Logic Pro for specific setup and configuration instructions tailored to your setup.

With the iRigMIDI 2 interface and compatible software instruments like Syntronik and SampleTank, you should be able to integrate them seamlessly into your Logic Pro workflow and enjoy creating music with a wide range of sounds and effects.
doveslendf

Re: Syntronik/SampleTank & Logic

Postby Rottenlime » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:19 pm

Hi and thanks for your help Doveslendf.

I tried to make the connection as you described but unfortunately, probably due to my MacBook Pro which is very old, the Mac OS Version 10.6.8 Logic cannot directly see Syntronik or SampleTank like Virtual Instruments although it immediately recognizes the iRigMIDI2 Midi as interface. It doesn't even let me install the Ik Product Manager, I imagined all this but because of my old Mac.

Isn't it possible to use Syntronik and SampleTank which work perfectly on my iPad as if I were playing an external device connected to the MacBook Pro with iRigMIDI 2?

I bought the iRigMIDI 2 to play my Novation with Logic and it works perfectly, having then downloaded Syntronik SampleTank on my iPad I thought I could do the same through the iRigMIDI 2, actually I managed to control the App on iPad from the Mac with a midi keyboard and record on Logic but when I send it play the recorded midi track does not return to the App and therefore what I recorded does not sound.

I thought that with iRigMIDI2 the connection with the MacBook Pro and therefore with Logic was bidirectional and that therefore once I recorded the midi on Logic by playing Syntronik or SampleTank which I can do, once in play Logic would send me the midi on the iPad through iRigMIDI2 instead I see that it doesn't "go back" the midi data to the iPad.

This is kind of my problem.

The current is like this: iPad with Syntronic>iRigMIDI2>Mac>Logic

What solutions do you think I could have?

For example, can I somehow import a midi track from Logic to Syntronik or SampleTank that I have on the iPad?
In that case I could still make them play and record the audio output from the iPad, import it into Logic and synchronize it.

Thanks for your help again.

Paolo
Rottenlime

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More