Problem with Gran Concerto 278

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Problem with Gran Concerto 278

Postby c-paolo » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:24 am

While trying out Pianoverse, I found something odd playing the Gran Concerto 278.
Here are the steps to reproduce the problem:

- Press and hold down the sustain pedal (damper).
- Play repetitive notes pattern (better in the C5-C7 range, the artifacts are more audible).

You will hear noise-like sound at first, followed by a crackling sound (after all the notes have been released).

Just to avoid the usual wothless advice, the PC far exceeds the recommended system requirements: i7-10750H, 48GB RAM, PCIe v4 SSD.
I even tried increasing the buffer to 512!

Most importantly, only the F278 is affected, other pianos work fine.

Host: Cantabile, Reaper, Cubase.

Here is a small audio example.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ltScZHwGrl1gwzvBRlXCkD3Pm6xgBtCP/view?usp=sharing
c-paolo

Re: Problem with Gran Concerto 278

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:12 pm

Have you reported this to IK Support? The users, moderators, nor admins will be able to fix this issue directly for you but IK Support will be able to assist.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby c-paolo » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:12 pm

>Have you reported this to IK Support?

Yes.
c-paolo

Postby joah00 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:18 pm

Hello, I was having the same issues, but what I did to solve it is to disable the acoustic resonance ( it's the first FX in the chain). Maybe you can try to dial its commands until you find a suitable combination between them, but I've decided to disable it at once. If it doesn't work out, try to disable all the effects, this might do the trick. Wish you luck, let me know if it worked out for you. Cheers.
joah00

Postby c-paolo » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:48 pm

Sorry for the late reply, I couldn't access the forum...

Well, the first thing I did was to disable all effects (EQ, reverb, spaces, resonance, etc.), but the problem didn't go away.

I also see that my report to IK support seems to have been of no help, no updated versions of the plugin have been released. I'm very disappointed that IK hasn't fixed the problem yet.
c-paolo

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:08 pm

Please reply to the support ticket to let them know their suggestions thus far have not resolved the issue and they will continue to assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby c-paolo » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:54 am

Thanks Peter, I'll do.
c-paolo

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More