SampleTank 4 Max Update Question

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 Max Update Question

Postby modalmojo » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:24 am

Hi,

In the IK Product Manager, I see that SampleTank 4 Max & SampleTank 4 CE are "Installed", but SampleTank 4 & SampleTank 4 CE need "Update".

Do I need to update SampleTank 4 & SampleTank 4 CE (~120GB in total) since I already installed SampleTank 4 Max (Version 4.2.3) as seen in the Product Manager? Thanks!

Happy Holidays!
modalmojo

Re: SampleTank 4 Max Update Question

Postby Promidi » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:29 pm

Did you originally install SampleTank 4 Max with IK Product Manager?

Maybe just do the update to get IK Product Manager in sync.

I also have SampleTank 4 and SampleTank 4 CE and SampleTank 4 Max.

However, I only install SampleTank 4 Max as I am lead to believe that SampleTank 4 Max has all the content of the other tiers (An IKM staff member might like to confirm this)
Promidi

Postby modalmojo » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:29 am

Yes, I installed SampleTank 4 Max with IK Product Manager.

Do I need to install all other SampleTank 4 versions if SampleTank 4 Max is installed? Thanks!
modalmojo

Postby Promidi » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:06 am

modalmojo wrote:Do I need to install all other SampleTank 4 versions if SampleTank 4 Max is installed? Thanks!

Having a look at the following PDF causes me to believe that Sampletank Max 4 V2 contains all of the content of SampleTank 4 CS, SampleTank 4 SE and SampleTank 4.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf

Therefore, personally, I believe that you only have to install Sampletank Max 4 V2. I have the other versions, yet I only installed Sampletank Max 4.

Hopefully an actual IKM staff member can confirm that this is correct.
Promidi

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More