No Time Limit on Sounds Downloads

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

No Time Limit on Sounds Downloads

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:52 pm

Some very welcome news

The new IK Product Manager update (version 1.0.10) removes the 180-day restriction for registered users

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=15349
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: No Time Limit on Sound Downloads

Postby darkogav » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:28 pm

this is great news. is it retroactive?
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:48 pm

darkogav wrote:this is great news. is it retroactive?

Yes. You shouldn't see any more expired downloads in your IK Product Manager.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby deepsman » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:57 pm

Including no “update” button for the bane of all of our lives, the “Product Manager” (gatekeeper/nanny/enforcer/prison warden), is not updatable

I received this in an email.

" Instructions .To get the latest version, launch IK Product Manager and follow the prompts to update." What prompts to update? There are no prompts, or is it just me? Infact, I can't find any way to update.
deepsman

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:19 pm

deepsman wrote:
Including no “update” button for the bane of all of our lives, the “Product Manager” (gatekeeper/nanny/enforcer/prison warden), is not updatable

I received this in an email.

" Instructions .To get the latest version, launch IK Product Manager and follow the prompts to update." What prompts to update? There are no prompts, or is it just me? Infact, I can't find any way to update.

When you open IK Product Manager you will normally now be prompted to update if there is one available. If this doesn't happen, the instructions should also say you can download IK Product Manager from the IK site. I'll make sure they do, they did when I first reviewed the text https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/productmanager
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby deepsman » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:28 pm

I've tried many times Peter. Definitely no prompts, or any other way to update that I can find.
If I install the latest product manager, Do I have to uninstall the previous one first. Any other things to do?

Thanks.
deepsman

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:51 pm

deepsman wrote:I've tried many times Peter. Definitely no prompts, or any other way to update that I can find.
If I install the latest product manager, Do I have to uninstall the previous one first. Any other things to do?

Thanks.

You do not have to uninstall the previous. The solution I was suggesting is to follow the link I posted which will allow you do download it directly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby deepsman » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:31 pm

Great! Thanks.
deepsman

Postby FiatLux8 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:24 pm

That is very great news indeed , thank you very much at IK Multimedia for that generous attitude change !
FiatLux8

Postby Warren P » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:07 am

This is wonderful news. I will start posting positive notes wherever this has been previously discussed online, usually to the tune of a lot of complaining.

Well done IK Multimedia.
Warren P

Postby lornaroa4 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:43 pm

The freedom of having no time limit on sound downloads is a game-changer! It ensures a stress-free experience, allowing users to curate their audio collection at their own pace. No rush, no restrictions—just an open space for the joy of limitless sound exploration.
lornaroa4

Postby moom188 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:26 pm

大家好
moom188

Postby purplepat69 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:15 pm

This is long overdue, and may sway some folks who have shied away from IK products to come into the fold.
purplepat69

Postby IK Multi » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:37 am

That was good news for me a few days ago and I decided to upgrade to Sampletank 4 max. That was three days ago and I still don't have the sounds downloaded. I'm also trying to switch to windows 11 and I think part of the problem is setting up the paths for the installs.
Anyone here running windows 11 and have any suggestions for me?
IK Multi

Postby IK Multi » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:04 pm

I'll post this in hopes that it will help someone in the future.
My problem was folder permissions in windows 11. I never could solve it, so I ended up manually downloading the sounds and installing them myself.

How to check:
Right click the folder that the download manager is using and click properties. If it's checked as read only, that's the problem. You can uncheck it and apply that to all files and folders in that folder. That will look like it worked but when you check it again, win11 will have changed it right back to read only.

What to do:
I followed a couple of tuts I found on line but either I went wrong at some step or else they just didn't work. I gave up and manually downloading the sounds and installing them myself. Hopefully, if you can manage to get the permissions correct, the download manager will work.
IK Multi

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More