Do the SampleTank 4 MAX sounds include the standard sounds?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Do the SampleTank 4 MAX sounds include the standard sounds?

Postby Oberlaender » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:00 pm

I'm installing SampleTank 4 MAX and realize that I'm downloading the sounds SampleTank 4 MAX, SampleTank 4, SampleTank 4 SE and SampleTank 4 CS.
Am I going to have dublicates after installing all of these or are they supposed to be installed together?
Oberlaender

Re: Do the SampleTank 4 MAX sounds include the standard soun

Postby Promidi » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:24 pm

Based on the information found in the following PDF file.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf

I am deducing that that SampleTank 4 MAX contains all of the sounds and content that is in all the other tiers.

When I purchased SampleTank 4 MAX, I only installed MAX. I did not bother with any of the other tiers.

I am happy to be corrected if this is not the case.
Promidi

Postby Oberlaender » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:31 pm

In that case I wouldn't understand why my purchase of Sample Tank 4 MAX unlocked the sounds from lower tier versions... I hope someone from IK Multimedia knows.
Oberlaender

Postby Promidi » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:17 am

What specific sound from a lower tier are you attempting to use?

On my SampleTank 4 MAX, I have SampleTank 4 MAX as well as other IKM libraries present in the library list. I do not have any lower SampleTank 4 tiers present.

Yet, I have access to all of the sounds from the other SampleTank 4 tiers in there.

As long as you install all sounds for SampleTank 4 MAX, you will get all of the sounds from the lower tiers as well.

Remember, just clicking on SampleTank 4 MAX in the library, will not get you all of the sounds. Some are in other libraries.

For instance “Square Lead Oct”, is listed as being present in “SampleTank 4 SE” and above. However, that preset is actually a SampleTank 3 preset.
Promidi

Postby SenecaReader2 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:05 pm

Oberlaender wrote:In that case I wouldn't understand why my purchase of Sample Tank 4 MAX unlocked the sounds from lower tier versions... I hope someone from IK Multimedia knows.

asked same question months ago, I was told to install every version separately. So, no
SenecaReader2

Postby Oberlaender » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:26 pm

SenecaReader2 wrote:
Oberlaender wrote:In that case I wouldn't understand why my purchase of Sample Tank 4 MAX unlocked the sounds from lower tier versions... I hope someone from IK Multimedia knows.

asked same question months ago, I was told to install every version separately. So, no

Thanks a lot for your reply! :)
Oberlaender

Postby Promidi » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:32 pm

SenecaReader2 wrote:asked same question months ago, I was told to install every version separately. So, no

I am pretty sure that Sampletank 4 Max contains all of the sounds of the lower tiers.

Can you give me an example of a sound that one of the lower tiers has that Sampletank 4 Max does not.
Promidi

Postby Soundwise » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:08 pm

I've purchased SampleTank MAX v2, which, as per running promotion, comes with SampleTron 2 and the full version of Miroslav Philharmonik 2.
https://paste.pics/6286f0b1c77ea0c3cafedc250503a0a7
Unfortunately, neither SampleTron 2, nor MP2 samples are available in IKM Product Manager. What needs to be done to download these samples via the IKM PM?
Soundwise

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:18 pm

Soundwise wrote:I've purchased SampleTank MAX v2, which, as per running promotion, comes with SampleTron 2 and the full version of Miroslav Philharmonik 2.
https://paste.pics/6286f0b1c77ea0c3cafedc250503a0a7
Unfortunately, neither SampleTron 2, nor MP2 samples are available in IKM Product Manager. What needs to be done to download these samples via the IKM PM?

They should be available in your SampleTank 4 MAX sound installation in IK Product Manager, not listed as the separate products. If that is not the case for you once you've installed the full SampleTank 4 MAX v2 sound installation (under the Sounds tab) please reach out to IK Support for direct assistance. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Soundwise » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:21 pm

^^^
Thank you, Peter! Unfortunately, only MP2 SE sounds are available for installation. Filed a support ticket. Hopefully, this can be easily fixed.
Soundwise

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More