IK Product Manager keeps stopping download

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

IK Product Manager keeps stopping download

Postby emineo63 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:13 pm

Hello,
The IK product manager stops the ongoing download after an indefinite period of time; by clicking on the pause button the download continues until the end of the part zip file. This is unreasonable for extensive libraries like Pianoverse, because with 14 parts you have to reactivate the interrupted download 14 times. And that with 3-4 instruments. Then you no longer feel like it. Luckily I only bought a monthly subscription to test it. What could be the reason? This is the first product downloader that doesn't work properly.
Thanks
Mark
emineo63

Re: IK Product Manager keeps stopping download

Postby Oberlaender » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:01 am

I bought SampleTank MAX and it's happening to me too. I had my computer running for two nights and when I look at it in the morning the download is paused. Really disappointing. I wonder if this is done on purpose to sell USB sticks.
Oberlaender

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:01 pm

IK would rather have folks download, so it isn't a method to sell USB sticks. Please contact IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw and they will be able to assist you with this issue. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby emineo63 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:27 pm

An alternative download option via the online account in the web browser would be a sensible solution. I tried all the options as stated by support, including deactivating the ransom protection for the IK Product Manager, unfortunately without success.
emineo63

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:51 pm

emineo63 wrote:An alternative download option via the online account in the web browser would be a sensible solution. I tried all the options as stated by support, including deactivating the ransom protection for the IK Product Manager, unfortunately without success.

You can download from My Products in your IK User Area on the IK web site, too. If you don't find them there or if you continue to have issues just let support know their suggestions didn't work and they will continue to assist you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby emineo63 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:44 pm

Thank you for the tip, but I only have a Pianoverse subscription and there is no download option for my products, not even for My Subscription
emineo63

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:37 pm

Our software doesn't alter this file but if you feel comfortable with system files (on either Windows or macOS), you may want to make sure there are no entries with regard to IK Multimedia domains in your HOSTS file.

This guide explains the locations etc: https://www.nublue.co.uk/guides/edit-hosts-file/

I wouldn't touch anything there unless there are entries for domains that are related to IK Multimedia as we do not put any entries in that file. If you are not comfortable/savvy to do this I'd wait for more advice from IK Support.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SenecaReader2 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:20 pm

had same experience with sampletank MAX, I made it but not looking forward to it again. But it was worth it
SenecaReader2

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More