SampleTank 3 sounds unauthorized after hard disk replacement

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 3 sounds unauthorized after hard disk replacement

Postby jekagan » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:02 am

I just replaced the hard drive in my laptop (running Windows 10) and now all of my SampleTank 3 sounds are unauthorized. I've tried reinstalling, reauthorizing using Custom Shop, IK Multimedia Product Manager, and Authorization Manager, all to no avail.

When using SampleTank 3, all the libraries that used to work show a lock icon. When using SampleTank 4, the libraries are accessible.

The big problem is that I have DOZENS upon dozens of projects with SampleTank 3 that now no longer work. I cannot afford to spend the time to change every single one to use SampleTank 4 instead, with the hope that it might perform identically.

I do notice that doing a fresh install of ST3 results in FAR fewer Windows registry entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3, obviously where the registration keys for those sound libraries reside. Clearly something is amiss.

Does anyone have any insight on how to rectify this? I had to cancel a session today and this issue is costing me both money and hair. This computer nearly became a frisbee today.

Thanks in advance for the help.
jekagan

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More