Syntronik 2 which instruments can you edit ADSR?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 which instruments can you edit ADSR?

Postby stm113 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:49 pm

I am not a synth player, I am looking for some synth plugs to use on Rock and Metal productions. I purchased the IK Hammond vst and LOVE it so obviously Syntronik is very interesting to me. One question I have is which of the sampled instruments can you edit the Amp and or Filter ADSR on? Since I am doing rock music, I often feel I need more immediate attack on things like pads.

I understand these are sampled instruments so I can't make the attack quicker than how it was sampled (at least I think).

Also, what's missing from the original instruments that were sampled in this pack? To say I am sure IK didn't sample every preset (for units that had presets). Is there a list of all the sounds that come in this?

Lastly, I plan to install this on an external SSD will that work?
stm113

Re: Syntronik 2 which instruments can you edit ADAR?

Postby darkogav » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:30 pm

hi, you can load Syntronik synths into sampletank and edit them. the VI synths also contain controls to adjust ADSR as do the original synths. if you do rock .. probably look at OXa, Pro-V, J-60.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/synj60/
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/synoxa/

good luck
darkogav

Re: Syntronik 2 which instruments can you edit ADSR?

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:12 pm

In Syntronik you can select the Edit page (for the newer "Syntronik 2" instruments). There are 3 envelope editor panels on that page. Select the envelope you want to edit from the drop-down menu - you should then see a graph and the ADSR control knobs.

Pads aren't meant to have an immediate burst of sound, generally they fade in. That fade may be embedded in the audio recording itself.

I do not know of any list of which presets were sampled. The names in Syntronik may be similar to those used in the hardware synths.

Yes, you can install the library on an external SSD:
-- run the IK Product |Manager and install the Syntronik software only,
-- run the stand-alone Syntronik program and in its Preference Settings, select the desired folder for the sounds library (e.g. X:/IK Multimeida/Syntronik 2/), you may need to create that folder.
-- run the IKPM and install the Syntronik sound library; the IKPM should pick up that folder location automatically |(if not, then report it as a bug).

PS Back up the downloaded Syntronik sounds library files, so that if you need them again, you do not need to download them again. After successful installation and back-up, you can delete the downloaded files from the folder used by the IKPM for the downloads.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More