Installing ST3 instruments - any workarounds please?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installing ST3 instruments - any workarounds please?

Postby IKmarco » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:03 am

I have opened a ticket (10 days ago) but have not heard anything back from support.

Does anyone know how to get ST3 instruments into ST4 when the installer doesn’t work?

The installer for the following sample packs unexpectedly quits, but the Product Manager says they've been installed correctly:

American Acoustic
Art Deco Piano
Future Synths
Hugh Padgham Drums
London Grooves
Terry Bozzio Drums

I have a MacBook Pro M1 running Monterey 12.7

Thanks

Marco
IKmarco

Re: Installing ST3 instruments - any workarounds please?

Postby darkogav » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:07 pm

Hi, I am not sure it's compatible. I also ran into the same issues on my M1 mac. ST4 kept crashing. I wound up just having to revert to just using ST4 on my older Windows DAW. I haven't tried it in a few months and *maybe* a new OS X updated has fixed it.

Let us know what IKM support respond with.

The issues I ran into was ST4 crashes on the Mac if there are two paths to the content. On my windows DAW, I have two entries in content, one path for ST4 and one for ST3 content. If I try to replicate the same path setup on the Mac, ST4 crashes in standalone and also in plugin mode within the DAW and brings the DAW down with it.
darkogav

Postby IKmarco » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:29 pm

Hi. I have no trouble running ST4 on MacOS Monterey. It’s just installing ST3 Sound content that is the problem.

On my old Intel Mac running Big Sur it was all fine. On that machine ST3 and ST4 apps and sound content were installed. What I’m wondering is if I can do all these installs on that machine, them manually move sounds and other necessary files into folders on the new Mac manually, then just let ST4 scan as usual

Cheers
IKmarco

Postby IKmarco » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:05 pm

Can anyone tell me where the files go when installed?
I have a MacBook Pro M1 running Monterey 12.7

Thanks
IKmarco

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More