Recycled Noobie Here

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Recycled Noobie Here

Postby gplea » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:06 pm

Hey Gang,

I'm stuck in the mud again, and I haven't used ST for so long I can't remember what I did to get out of this rut, despite looking at old posts that I saved from yrs ago. If DarkStar is still around, and if he hasn't lost all patience with me, he might remember. My issue is no matter what I do I can't manage to make my controller play on any MIDI ch.s but Ch. 1, even when I've setup the Direct Outs in the ST mixer, which I know have nothing to do with MIDI, but they WILL have to be set on the Multi in order to use 16 separate MIDI ch.s.

I just got my new studio setup and I haven't even had the chance to setup my new Signature, so bear with me. I'm using PreSonus Sphere (SO6.2), with their Studio 1824C, and the NI S88 Mk1 (It doesn't have the 2 windows, just the 8 knobs). So, just as a means of processing through elimination, if you could simply tell me exactly what needs to be setup in ST4, and how, then at least I'll know ST4 is done correctly. :oops: :?:
DAW: PreSonus Sphere. PreSonus Studio 1824C, & ATOM SQ, NI S88 MK1. MinisForum NAB6: 12 Gen i7-12650H, 32Gig RAM, 512Gig SSD, Win11Pro
gplea

Re: Recycled Noobie Here

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:33 pm

Yes, I am still astound, have not lost patience, but I do not recall your problem details.

Anyway, to use MIDI on different channels to trigger instruments in ST4 (similar in ST3) all you need to do is load the instruments into the different instrument slots in ST4 (ST4 User Manual, 3.1 and 4) and change the MIDI channel, if needed (paragraph 3.4).

Then make sure that the MIDI notes in Presonus Studio are on the appropriate MIDI channels - you may need to edit them or set your MIDI keyboard to send the notes on the appropriate MIDI channel (how to do that should be covered in the keyboard's user guide).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Recycled Noobie Here

Postby gplea » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:11 pm

Thanks. That's what I thought. At least now I know what NOT to look at.
DAW: PreSonus Sphere. PreSonus Studio 1824C, & ATOM SQ, NI S88 MK1. MinisForum NAB6: 12 Gen i7-12650H, 32Gig RAM, 512Gig SSD, Win11Pro
gplea

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More