B3X - Using MIDI to control vibrato types

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

B3X - Using MIDI to control vibrato types

Postby rogershore » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:20 pm

The default # CC code for vibrato 'type' control is CC38.
Sending that code will toggle between V1 and C1.
Are there alternative codes to allow access to V2,C2,V3 and C3 - or do you alway have to use a mouse to select those other options?
If it is only possible to toggle between one 'pair' of vibrato types using MIDI, is it possible to choose V2 and C2 - or V3 and C3 - instead of V1 and C1 ?
If you use the mouse to select - say C2 - then applying code CC38 will just automatically force the selection to V1, and then toggle between V1 and C1...
Or am I missing something here?....
rogershore

Re: B3X - Using MIDI to control vibrato types

Postby rogershore » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:45 pm

From the lack of response, I'm guessing that no one has so far found the other codes, and for the present direct MIDI control of only V1/C1 using #CC38 is possible ?

To activate the other 4 settings, looks like you currently need a mouse to change over to those?.....
I suppose you could then save all the settings as presets, and activate them via program change MIDI codes, but that is a bit convoluted?....
rogershore

Postby reuelt » Wed May 17, 2023 10:26 pm

rogershore wrote:The default # CC code for vibrato 'type' control is CC38.
Sending that code will toggle between V1 and C1.
Are there alternative codes to allow access to V2,C2,V3 and C3 - or do you alway have to use a mouse to select those other options?
If it is only possible to toggle between one 'pair' of vibrato types using MIDI, is it possible to choose V2 and C2 - or V3 and C3 - instead of V1 and C1 ?
If you use the mouse to select - say C2 - then applying code CC38 will just automatically force the selection to V1, and then toggle between V1 and C1...
Or am I missing something here?....

CC38 should be assigned to a MIDI dial or a MIDI slider and not a toggle switch.
As you turn the MIDI dial slowly, all the vibrato modes are selectable.

Reuel
reuelt

Postby rogershore » Thu May 18, 2023 10:01 am

Thanks for that information -- should have thought of trying that for myself really! ..
Thanks again... :)
rogershore

Postby rogershore » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:33 pm

Just to confirm -- allocating a MIDI rotary control to CC38 works fine..all vibrato and chorus options are selectable
Thanks again..
rogershore

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More