Sample Tank 4 Max update won't install

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sample Tank 4 Max update won't install

Postby ShackChan24 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:29 pm

Getting a Javascript error...even after app restart and system reboots

Install Error (code: 202) (code: 202)

....tips ?
ShackChan24

Re: Sample Tank 4 Max update won't install

Postby ShackChan24 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:30 pm

To clarify....the Sampletank 4 Max sound files update
Not the application itself
ShackChan24

Postby jmnaylor » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:20 am

Hi.

I'm having the same error ''Install Error (code: 202) (code: 202)''

Please help

Thanks
jmnaylor

Postby jimmi.gruen » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:08 am

The problem is that ST4_MAX_Sound_Library_Update_1_5.zip contains a file with "?" in the filename (SampleTank 4 Sound Content\Multis\SampleTank 4\Motion\Alienating Myself?.st4m). Since Windows doesn't support "?" in filenames the install fails and it won't even move on to download and install the rest of the zip files.

The way I solved this was to extract the zip with 7-Zip (Windows built-in Compressed Folders won't show the file), which will rename the file to "Alienating Myself_.st4m", then created a new zip using the Zip/Deflate option in 7-Zip. Then I replaced the original Zip in the IK Product Manager downloads folder and re-ran the installation.

[mod redacted - unnecessary, report to support if you have an issue you feel needs to be fixed in the software]
jimmi.gruen

Postby Todopolo2 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:33 am

I have same problem. Initiated a ticket with Support on April 7th. Haven't heard anything back since original email contact even though I have ask for an update since then. [mod redacted - unnecessary]
Todopolo2

Postby PZone36 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:47 pm

having the same problem ..... was goig to update to the latest Max but if I cant install whats the point ? installation should NOT be this hard :(
PZone36

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:11 am

Kenjw999 wrote:having the same problem ..... was goig to update to the latest Max but if I cant install whats the point ? installation should NOT be this hard :(

If you mean SampleTank 4 MAX v2 that is not a free update that's a paid upgrade with many more sound libraries added.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PZone36 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:23 pm

I know its a paid upgrade - which is even worse if I cant install the base product because of glitches in the installer
PZone36

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:40 pm

Kenjw999 wrote:I know its a paid upgrade - which is even worse if I cant install the base product because of glitches in the installer

It might not have been clear to everybody reading this. With that in mind, IK Support will be able to assist you in figuring out what is going on and get you up and running.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MusicCafe99 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:47 pm

This is the response I received from support:

Delete the Sound Library Update files and folder from the IK Product Manager folder. Redownload and reinstall the update. There was a file name error that we have corrected and this matter has been resolved.

It looks like it was the file naming error that jimmi.gruen mentioned.

My problem is that I don't have a "Sound Library Update" folder on any of my drives, and I've searched from the root of each. I've followed up with support on this issue.
MusicCafe99

Postby Todopolo2 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:01 pm

You may alreay have done this but assuming you installed the files via the IK Product Mananger and did not installed them manually.... start the IK Product Manager, click on the setting gear icon and the pop up window will show where the Product Manager downloads folder is, then go to the Sampletank folder and delete it and the contents. You will have to let the Product Manager download and re-install the files all over again.

I also had to delete and re-install the Product Manager to get it to install all the files because it would hang up wanting to install the Update_1_5 file but fail. Jason in support once told me the Update file should be loaded last but the Product Manager loaded it somewhere in the middle. I've asked Jason if the Update file really should be installed last but haven't got an answer yet. I mean the Product Manager should know the correct installation sequence right?

This fixed 99.9% of my install issues but have noticed several string presets that Sampletank fails to load and says it can't locate the sound files though all have been installed by the IKPM. I'm still going through many, many presets to see if anything else is flagged as mis-located.
Todopolo2

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:07 am

There is no "Sound Library Update" folder . Support was referring to fuels and folders in the folder that the IKPM is using for its downloads staging area.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby spandz58 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:25 pm

PZone36 wrote:having the same problem ..... was goig to update to the latest Max but if I cant install whats the point ? installation should NOT be this hard :(

Error code 202 even for me reinstalling Sample Tank 4 and ever Syntronic2 doesnt work aswell
did you find a solution?
spandz58

Postby Todopolo2 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:37 pm

spanz58,
As I said in my previous post I even had to delete and re-install the IK Product Manager before it would get past the 202 error. I re-installed/downloaded the Sampletank sound files after I had re-installed the IKPM But then again I had no problems with installing any other products so maybe your situation is a little different.
Todopolo2

Postby spandz58 » Thu May 04, 2023 9:14 pm

Todopolo2 wrote:spanz58,
As I said in my previous post I even had to delete and re-install the IK Product Manager before it would get past the 202 error. I re-installed/downloaded the Sampletank sound files after I had re-installed the IKPM But then again I had no problems with installing any other products so maybe your situation is a little different.

You're probably right thanks anyway
spandz58

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More