ST 4 Max vs ST 4 Max V2 differences?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST 4 Max vs ST 4 Max V2 differences?

Postby firattuncbas » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:54 am

Max is nearly 250 gb but V2 is looking like 600 gb,do you know what are differences between these two versions? And there is no upgrade option from St4 Max,why we can not? This is not fair,i have bot Syntronik 4 Max and St4 Max and i m gonna buy V2 again? Really? Dont do that pls IK..
firattuncbas

Re: ST 4 Max vs ST 4 Max V2 differences?

Postby FiatLux8 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:46 pm

firattuncbas wrote:Max is nearly 250 gb but V2 is looking like 600 gb,do you know what are differences between these two versions? And there is no upgrade option from St4 Max,why we can not? This is not fair,i have bot Syntronik 4 Max and St4 Max and i m gonna buy V2 again? Really? Dont do that pls IK..

Quote , description of content says :
The new SampleTank 4 MAX v2 adds all 28 currently available SampleTank 4 libraries, all 34 synths from Syntronik 2 MAX v2, SampleTron 2 and the full version of Miroslav Philharmonik 2. Still included is the complete SampleTank 4 factory content along with all legacy SampleTank 2 and 3 factory content plus all the legacy SampleTank 3 libraries, for a massive 600 GB of sounds and over 18,000 instruments in all.

However it says clearly here that :
Quote : "Existing users of Total Studio 3 (or 3.5) MAX, AmpliTube 5 MAX, SampleTank 4 MAX or T-RackS 5 MAX are eligible for a special "MAXgrade" discount:"
Ref. : https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=IKNewLowerPricing
Which sort of gives the impression that the ST4 MAX V2 is a paid upgrade for ST4 MAX , however what they write might also just be aimed at if you want to upgrade to e.g. TotalStudio 4 MAX using MAXgrade discount....
But as for what you can download as a present owner then I am sorry but my free downloads have expired so I can not update sounds and check myself.
(I myself have an update waiting for ST4 Max but I can not remember if that were there before and I neither have the free download nor the drive space to install more now)
If you want to check yourself then check list of sounds installed in the IK Multimedia Product Manager , first click "Manage my products" , then select tab "SOUNDS" , then scroll to where it says Sample Tank 4 Max .
If your downloads are also expired then you can gain access to a paid renewal from clicking link from expired sound downloads in the "IK Product Manager".
Or click link below here :
Sounds Download Reactivation Credit €9.99 excl. VAT (€12.49 incl. VAT)
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... activation
However ! PLEASE NOTICE ! , I can not guarantee (do not know) if that will give you access to the V2 of your product !
FiatLux8

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:23 pm

You would need to upgrade to SampleTank 4 MAX v2 at the upgrade pricing for that (if you are logged in, the system would offer that pricing to you) or upgrade to Total Studio 4 MAX via the MAXgrade pricing. This is a huge amount of added sounds so it is not a free update.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby firattuncbas » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:46 pm

doesnt give an upgrade price,it's directly normal proce without discount or customer loyalty etc..
So V2 gives Elektro Magnetik,Miroslaw and Cinekinetik add ons with V2 or more sounds that we cant see on the store?
firattuncbas

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:14 pm

firattuncbas wrote:doesnt give an upgrade price,it's directly normal proce without discount or customer loyalty etc..
So V2 gives Elektro Magnetik,Miroslaw and Cinekinetik add ons with V2 or more sounds that we cant see on the store?

If you are logged in with the account that has SampleTank 4 MAX, you will see the upgrade pricing of 199.99 and when you put that in your cart you will see the $50 coupon which you would then need to apply to see the $50 taken off (this is so in case you wanted to use JamPoints instead you have that option).

From https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... k-4-max-v2

The new SampleTank 4 MAX v2 adds all 28 currently available SampleTank 4 libraries, all 34 synths from Syntronik 2 MAX v2, SampleTron 2 and the full version of Miroslav Philharmonik 2. Still included is the complete SampleTank 4 factory content along with all legacy SampleTank 2 and 3 factory content plus all the legacy SampleTank 3 libraries, for a massive 600 GB of sounds and over 18,000 instruments in all.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby FiatLux8 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:22 pm

firattuncbas wrote:doesnt give an upgrade price,it's directly normal proce without discount or customer loyalty etc..

You can see everything included with Total Studio 4 MAX listed on the compare to previous version list :
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... ?p=compare
Also instruments included with SampleTank 4 MAX V2 is listed as pictures here (as far as I can see then all sounds pictured are included) :
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... nstruments
FiatLux8

Postby Steve-xyz » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:22 pm

Peter_IK wrote:If you are logged in with the account that has SampleTank 4 MAX, you will see the upgrade pricing of 199.99 and when you put that in your cart you will see the $50 coupon which you would then need to apply to see the $50 taken off (this is so in case you wanted to use JamPoints instead you have that option).

I can no longer afford to upgrade/crossgrade/MAXgrade to another Total Studio MAX. So I have been looking into just upgrading to SampleTank 4 Max V2. I have most of what's in there and just want to add what I am missing.

I have considerably more products than the former version of SampleTank 4 MAX (including all but one of the Syntronik 2 Instruments and The Resonator, which I paid for separately but is now included).

Is there an upgrade path for people like me?

I tried the above steps and I don't even get the $50 discount that others with fewer products than I have get. It would be nice to get a loyalty discount based on what I own and what I need.

So far as I can tell, my price is the same as any customer who has any registered IK product, despite the fact that I previously purchased roughly 80-85% (maybe more) of the ST4 MAX v2 products.
"Existing customers who have registered any IK product can upgrade at special prices:
SampleTank 4 MAX v2 upgrade – $/€199.99

Thanks for any help you can offer or any suggestions of options I might be missing.
Steve-xyz

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:07 pm

Cleaned up the thread, before posting please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules.

On to better news, as a SampleTank 4 MAX user you should now have access to a $/€50 coupon in your cart for SampleTank 4 MAX v2.

Note also that SampleTank 4 MAX has been at a much-reduced priced for a while (299.99 full / 199.99 upgrade) vs the other MAX line which just got lowered. And there are a massive amount of sounds added. That said, the brass were convinced yesterday to allow a $/€50 coupon on that upgrade to SampleTank 4 MAX v2 regardless as it made sense to be consistent and makes it one of the best deals in the new MAX product line in my humble opinion.

Thanks for bringing up the topic to help with some convincing :) Enjoy the $/€50 off if you choose to use it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RackClack2020 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:42 pm

I'm still confused :?

Ok, I have, and I really like, and I'm super happy with, etc etc, the following:

SampleTank 4 Max
Syntronik 2
Syntronik Deluxe
Lurssen Mastering Console
AmpliTube 5 MAX
Miroslav Philharmonik 2
MODO Drum 1.5 + MODO Bass 2 Bundle
T-RackS 5 MAX
and many many virtual instruments and associated plugins.

All purchased around the end of 2022.

If I already have all of these, what is new if I move to ST Max V2?

I don't mind updating/upgrading if there is equal value in new instruments or sounds. But I'm having a hard time sorting through all of the features of ST Max 4 V2 compared to what I already have.

Can someone from IK give this a quick look and clue me in on what would be different if I upgrade to ST 4 Max V2?

And of course if I do upgrade is the $50 upgrade coupon still good?

Thanks, Brad
RackClack2020

Postby Steve-xyz » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:14 pm

I'd suggest contacting IK Support to help sort that out. Until you hear from them, you can make a spreadsheet of what you have and then look at the What's inside SampleTank 4 MAX v2 page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#nl_form_area .

As for the coupon, you'd have to wait until you hear from IK (unless you want to buy it and see if the coupon pops up).
Steve-xyz

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:33 pm

There's a "Compare Versions" link on this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... p=versions
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Steve-xyz » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:26 pm

Steve-xyz wrote:I'd suggest contacting IK Support to help sort that out. Until you hear from them, you can make a spreadsheet of what you have and then look at the What's inside SampleTank 4 MAX v2 page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#nl_form_area .

Peter_IK wrote:There's a "Compare Versions" link on this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... p=versions

Since the comparison table does not show what is new in SampleTank 4 MAX V2 as compared with SampleTank 4 MAX, it might be quicker to just print out page 1 of the Comparison Chart and use a pencil to mark which ones you have.

If you like the spreadsheet idea, I'd suggest trying the highlight, copy, and paste method from the list on the "What's inside SampleTank 4 MAX v2" page. When I tried it, each item went into a separate cell automatically.

The same method went into a single cell when using the pdf comparison table. YMMV.
Steve-xyz

Postby RackClack2020 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:32 pm

Thanks @Steve-xyz, that's exactly the problem I ran into. The "Compare Versions" page does not provide any information comparing ST 4 Max and ST 4 Max V2.

Anyhow I did what you suggested and marked up a copy of everything in ST 4 Max V2 compared to what I already have it looks like a pretty small difference, if any. Not enough to warrant an upgrade for me.

All of the different packages I bought individually pretty much put me at Total Studio 4 Max. And I don't see any major differences in Total Studio 4 Max and what I have as individual packages, so no clear reason for me to upgrade to TS 4 Max.

I guess I'll wait for TS 5 Max.

Thanks
RackClack2020

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:54 pm

The Compare Versions on the main SampleTank 4 page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/ specifically shows "What's New in SampleTank 4 MAX v2:" followed by the 64 libraries/synths that are new to v2.

Edit: As does the Compare Versions link on the page I posted above.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RackClack2020 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:07 am

Hi Peter_IK,

Thanks, I think I've got it. If I go to the compare versions page and then click through Compare Versions at the bottom of the page to the PDF for ST 4 Max V2 there is indeed a list on the first page of "New in SampleTank 4 MAX v2".

That was helpful.

Thanks,
Brad
RackClack2020

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More