Total studio 3.5 MAX - what to download/install?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Total studio 3.5 MAX - what to download/install?

Postby Bencyl254 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:39 pm

Hi!
I bought Tonex pedal, so with it I got Amplitube 5 max and Tonex, then I also bought Total studio 3.5 max for 99 bucks. Im new to IK so im very green.

I started installing plugins, and some of it went ok, but when instaling SampleTank, there is "java script" problem, also I installed Miroslav and it doesnt work...

My broad question: which software and more importantly, which SOUNDS come with TS3.5M? How do I know which to install, what it means that besides them it says: 171 days? Will the expire after that? Whats the deal?

What would be complete procedure to install everything I got correctly?
Bencyl254

Re: Total studio 3.5 MAX - what to download/install?

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:55 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Yes, there is so much in total Studio 3.5 MAX ("TS3.5 MAX") that it cam get a bit overwhelming, especially for a new-comer.

For the installation, have a look at: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31798

The sounds in TS3.5 MAX are listed under each of the various products on the web site.

And for the MP2 problem, see item (2a) in the above link.

When you register a product or bundle which includes big sounds libraries, then you have 180 days to download and install those libraries. After that, if you need to download them again, you would need to pay a single small Downloads Reactivation fee for a further 180 days. IK Multimedia recommends that you back up those downloads to avoid the fee and the need to download them again. This is only for the big sounds library downloads; software downloads, user manual downloads etc are available for ever,
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Bencyl254 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:18 pm

^^^
Tnx so much, this will be very helpfull. If you don mind, I would have another question. Since im new to all of this, im having a lot of trouble.

I bought new pc (WIN 11), and I have Cubase 10,5 artist, mentioned IK multimedia products and a lot of others etc. In my pc, I have 500 GB SSD, 2TB SSD and 1TB HDD. My idea was, to have windows on 500gb ssd, and my "music programs and sound libraries" on 2TB ssd, because of their size.

Do you maybe know how to set that up? Would i need to install cubase on 2TB disc and then everything else, any tips on this?
Bencyl254

Postby Bencyl254 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:19 pm

Tnx so much, this will be very helpfull. If you don mind, I would have another question. Since im new to all of this, im having a lot of trouble.

I bought new pc (WIN 11), and I have Cubase 10,5 artist, mentioned IK multimedia products and a lot of others etc. In my pc, I have 500 GB SSD, 2TB SSD and 1TB HDD. My idea was, to have windows on 500gb ssd, and my "music programs and sound libraries" on 2TB ssd, because of their size.

Do you maybe know how to set that up? Would I need to install cubase on 2TB disc and then everything else, any tips on this?
Bencyl254

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:12 am

I would install the software (Cubase and you IkM products (stand-alone programs and plug-ins) on your system disk. Then install the IKM sounds libraries onto the other disk.

The software installers should default to the system disk, but double-check as you go. All (I think) of the IKM products are installed using the IK Product Manager, which you download and install first. BEFORE installing any of the IKM sounds libraries, read the info on the link above and in the IKPM Tips thread: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26365

Take it one step at a time and you should be OK - don't try to install several things at once. Come back here if you get stuck.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More