Sampletank 4 content not recognized on external hard drive.

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 content not recognized on external hard drive.

Postby Freedom55 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:48 pm

I downloaded all my sample tank 4 content on to an external hard drive before it was expired. I did a fresh install and now sample tank will not recognize my content. everything is greyed out when picking installation paths through the stand alone version.
can anyone help?
thank you
Freedom55

Re: Sampletank 4 content not recognized on external hard dri

Postby DarkStar » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:01 pm

What is the full path name to the folder that contains the ST4 "Instruments" and "Samples" folders (and a few other folders and files)?

What path(s) have you specified / tried in ST4's Preference Settings?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Sampletank 4 content not recognized on external hard dri

Postby Warp415145 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:25 pm

Did you download and keep the full installer content or did you keep the installed content?

Installer contents means the form that it would download into your IK Multimedia download manager content folder.

Installed content means the form that it would be in after that installs into the SampleTank’s content folders.

List the specific files you have, the folder names and file names inside and someone can tell you which of the two sets of files you have.

If you didn’t keep the original content (zip files I believe) then the manager won’t help you reinstall, and you’ll need to just use the gear menu in sample tank to open the preferences, and point SampleTank at your content folder(s).
Warp415145

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More