ProTools / Apple Silicone

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ProTools / Apple Silicone

Postby lowthert » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:29 pm

Hello everyone. So here is the thing. I have Sampletank 4 Max, Syntronik Max and Amp 5 Max - and whilst using ProTools under Rosetta 2 - none of my IK instruments have been able to load any presets / Instruments (although they do in standalone mode - so I know the content is being pointed at properly) ... I presumed it was because PT was running under Rosetta 2 and the IK instruments didn't like it so much - so I left it knowing that Apple Silicone native PT was on its way - and I could wait.

Today - we get the first qualified release of ProTools with Apple Silicone native support - and it defaults to running without Rosetta 2. So, I eagerly launched it thinking that my IK instruments would be back in their full glory and all Instruments / Presets would be present.

Not the case - everything is still the same. Was there ever an issue with Rosetta 2? Could I have been using the instruments with PT running via Ros 2? Surely someone else - other PT users - must have experience of this. I know that all IK products are AS compatible - so - why do my instruments fire up perfectly in standalone mode - but not in ProTools itself - with or without Rosetta 2 running?

Also - I have Miroslav Phil 2 - and if I install this on my system - ProTools will not load at all!! I just don't seem to have these issues with other plugs.

Anyone else having problems - and importantly, got a solution?

Thanks folks.
Pro Tools 2023
Mac Studio M1 Ultra
128GB RAM
SSL 2+
Furman PL-8CE

http://www.tonylowther.com
lowthert

Re: ProTools / Apple Silicone

Postby lowthert » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:48 pm

Nobody huh?

I have raised a ticket - I cannot understand why these instruments fire up in standalone mode with presets all present and correct and then will not fire up with any presets in ProTools. Even the CSR reverbs have all of their presets missing. I have done clean installs of everything today and the problem remains. No other ProTools users out there using AS?!

You are probably going to tell me that it is an issue with PT - but it isn't - everything else works perfectly - only have this issue with IK plugs - and it is the same issue.
Pro Tools 2023
Mac Studio M1 Ultra
128GB RAM
SSL 2+
Furman PL-8CE

lowthert

Re: ProTools / Apple Silicone

Postby lowthert » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:54 pm

Sorted - Jason W at IK was able to help in almost real time. Highly appreciated Jason!
Pro Tools 2023
Mac Studio M1 Ultra
128GB RAM
SSL 2+
Furman PL-8CE

lowthert

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More