Miroslav Philyharmonik 2. vpa DLL cannot load

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Philyharmonik 2. vpa DLL cannot load

Postby anojette » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:01 pm

I will open a request ticket. But today I tried installing for the first time, Miroslav Philharmonik that I received as part of the 3.5 MAX package.

The install seems to work. But when launching as either standalone or VST. I get the error that Philharmonik 2.vpa cannot load. I have reinstalled but to no avail.

The full path cited in the error message is C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\Miroslav Philharmonik 2\Philharmonik 2.vpa
anojette

Re: Miroslav Philyharmonik 2. vpa DLL cannot load

Postby anojette » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:20 pm

I submitted a ticket. You cannot attach a screenshot when you file the original ticket. It says to REPLY to your original ticket to attach something. Nowhere does it tell you where to find your submitted ticket.

I hate to be cynical but as someone who used to have a day job as a programmer many years ago, it seems like this latest generation of coders cut class on the day they taught common sense.

Can anybody tell me where I can find submitted support requests? I go to MY ACCOUNT and it is just for updating the email address, password etc.
anojette

Postby DarkStar » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:14 pm

Many other users have reported that "VPA problem" on the forum.

DarkStar wrote:You may have run into the "VPA problem". As I understand it the latest MP2 installer (v2.0.6?) does not install one essential file. On the IKM web site, go to your User Area / My Products for MP2, click on [Past Releases], download and install v2.0.5. After that, install v2.0.6 (you can get that version there too).

When you send a new ticket to Technical Support you will get an auto-acknowledgement email, Supporting screenshots, info etc can be attached to that mail. But you are right - you cannot see your original support requests, not even a copy of what your request was (so keep a copy of the text before you send it).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby anojette » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:10 pm

Thank you. I will give that a try. I just find it odd that if multiple people are reporting the issue, why no fix? Oh well..
anojette

Postby ChrisHeinen » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:29 pm

anojette wrote:Thank you. I will give that a try. I just find it odd that if multiple people are reporting the issue, why no fix? Oh well..

Yes, agreed. Thank goodness DarkStar curates these solutions. Cf.:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24919
ChrisHeinen

Postby anojette » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:50 pm

Tech support did reply to my ticket and their suggestion was pretty much what you advised. Uninstall everything. Then install version 2.05. Make sure it works standalone, and then install 2.06. The application now installs and runs correctly. I just finished downloading the 16 sound files. I will post if there is further difficulty. But the problem has been addressed for me. Thanks everyone who helped.
anojette

Postby bhutzler » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:51 pm

My problem is with not finding any possibility to submit a screenshot. I even didn't get that mentioned automatic acknowledge reply. So where to submit screenshots i announced in my initial ticket? I'm more inclined to cynism as ajonette ;-) and i really like the comment about cutting classes in common sense :-D
bhutzler

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:48 pm

You can reply to any email from Support, including the auto-acknowledgement, and attach screenshots to your reply.

All reports sent to Support do generate an auto-acknowledgement. Please note that general enquiries do not.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bhutzler » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:16 pm

uuhh, that really makes (non)sense...
I chose general, as the description states it's also for topics that don't fit in any other category, as was exactly the case with my request...
So if i'll be able to send screenshots, i have to choose any of the other categories that don't fit
I really feel fooled :(
bhutzler

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More