Strange ".userchain" folder

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Strange ".userchain" folder

Postby rimco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:49 pm

Finally got a reply, albeit very disappointing: basically IK multimedia says it’s not an issue and that advanced users could chose not to see hidden files. This is a very unusual and remarkable approach.It’s horrible design to write anything to the desktop folder. No app should do that. Period.

I replied and asked my ticket to be treated as a problem report that needs to be fixed. I suggest that everybody that has the same view on this issue, submits a ticket referring to this thread so IK multimedia will fix this.

It should be a very small change to have the .userchain file created in any other folder than desktop where every single item appears on the users screen.

So please, fix this issue. Thanks!
rimco

Re: Strange ".userchain" folder

Postby rimco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:51 pm

[mod edit - redacted per forum rules:

Posting of ANY direct correspondence between you (or other parties) and IK Multimedia including (but not limited to) email conversations, technical support correspondence, customer service/contact form information, as such information may be specific to your system and could lead other users to compromise their own systems/installations inadvertently.

]
rimco

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More