Strange ".userchain" folder

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Strange ".userchain" folder

Postby bmisf@mus1C » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:24 am

Why does SampleTank create a .userchain folder on the desktop? It should follow standard conventions and use system directories set aside for app settings and configuration files, not clutter the desktop. Please fix this. I'm on latest MacOS, if it makes a difference.
bmisf@mus1C

Re: Strange ".userchain" folder

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:34 pm

It does not here and I have not seen reports of this. Please open a ticket with IK Support if you feel this is something SampleTank-related and they will work with you to figure it out. Thanks.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bmisf@mus1C » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:53 pm

Will do—thanks. I found reports elsewhere online liking that folder to SampleTank and confirmed it by deleting it, then relaunching SampleTank; the folder reappeared on my desktop.
bmisf@mus1C

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:51 pm

Strange I still couldn't recreate this on my Mac (latest macOS as well) even after removing and reinstalling SampleTank 4. Hopefully IK Support can figure it out and see what might be triggering this.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rimco » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:27 pm

Same issue here.
rimco

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:28 pm

Peter_IK wrote:It does not here and I have not seen reports of this. Please open a ticket with IK Support if you feel this is something SampleTank-related and they will work with you to figure it out. Thanks.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby microplex » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:33 pm

It actually exists but it is not a folder but a hidden file. If you delete it Sampletank or Syntronik create it again.
microplex

Postby rimco » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:48 pm

In my experience, any IK multimedia app results in a .userchain on the desktop.
Could this issue be linked to external drives? I sincerely hope IK multimedia will be able to tackle the issue and fix it as this does not do justice to their awesome software.
rimco

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:10 pm

Peter_IK wrote:It does not here and I have not seen reports of this. Please open a ticket with IK Support if you feel this is something SampleTank-related and they will work with you to figure it out. Thanks.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby serafindinges » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:53 pm

Did you get any reply on this? This is incredibly annoying and a horrible design choice. Who places a config file on the Desktop?
serafindinges

Postby rimco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:11 pm

Still waiting for a follow up on my ticket. It’s been many, many weeks ago since I issued a ticket. Still no response.

@ Peter can you wake up the department that is (hopefully still) investigating my ticket please? This takes way too long…
rimco

Postby PatZach » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:42 pm

same here with mac os 14.1.1 and amplitube 5.7.1
PatZach

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:47 pm

rimco wrote:Still waiting for a follow up on my ticket. It’s been many, many weeks ago since I issued a ticket. Still no response.

@ Peter can you wake up the department that is (hopefully still) investigating my ticket please? This takes way too long…

Normally you'd want to follow the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 but you can just post your ticket number here or in PM and I'll send it to the team. Thanks.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rimco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:01 pm

^^^
Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out. I send 2 additional mails to get more information about my ticket, if that's what you mean with "following the guidelines" so I did my part. I just did not hear anything back, which I think is not ok.
rimco

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:14 pm

^^^
That's not what I mean, the link has instructions about how to report a ticket you feel isn't being handled to your satisfaction or like I had stated you can simply tell me your ticket number here or in private message which it appears you did so I will relay that.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More