Midi keyboard generates no sound [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Midi keyboard generates no sound [Resolved]

Postby LexLux » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:00 pm

... in Sampletron 2 and the Hammond. They're installed correctly and the settings seems fine (output, midi controller etc.). I get sound when I click the keyboard within the software, and also through my Alesis Strike Multipad (drums midi controller), but not with my M-Audio Keystation 61 MK3. The software keys do get pressed down when I use the Keystation, but no sound.

The Keystations works excellent with other software synths. It's just IK that's not working.

Please advice, IK.
LexLux

Re: Midi keyboard generates no sound

Postby Warren P » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:24 pm

Are you familiar with midi channel numbers? What DAW are you using?

On most daws there's a way to take all incoming MIDI CHANNELs (a number from 1-16) and map them to channel 1. On my DAW (bitwig) it looks like this in the INSTRUMENT TRACK

Secondly ensure that the patch you want to play is playing for midi channel 1. In sample tank that's set when you load a patch into one of the instrument rack slots.

Post screenshots of your track settings (in your daw) and your plugin main screen showing what midi channel numbers you have set inside the sampletank plugin.

Also be aware that your keystation is programmable, using Arturia's software.
The output of your keystation depends on its internal programming.

But if other things play and it doesn't play the #1 reason would be that it's set to send data on a different midi channel number than the one the instrument is listening for.

If other plugins do play with your keystation those other plugins might be configured to play on ALL MIDI Channels internally.

Because IK's plugins are workstation class (powerful, full midi support) you need to be aware of their midi channel capability.

If you're using the standalone versions, try them inside your DAW instead and use the DAW's channel mapping features to map all midi channels down to channel 1, or open the arturia software up and reprogram your keystep to midi channel 1 .
Warren P

Re: Midi keyboard generates no sound

Postby LexLux » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:32 am

Thank you, Warren P!

I managed to get Midi View from Haute and I was putting out MIDI on channel 4.

https://hautetechnique.com/midi/midiview/index.html

Problem now resolved.
LexLux

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More