B-3X Rotor speed control in DAW

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

B-3X Rotor speed control in DAW

Postby dablick » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:46 am

I'm having problems controlling the Leslie rotor speed in my DAW which is Presonus StudioOne.

The problem is that frequently the roto speeds are not always the same on EACH time through a playback.

The DAW offers me two MIDI CC controls: "modulation" and "rotor speed". Now ideally, I'd like to just have the rotor speed control and the playback is always follows that, no MATTER where I start the playback.

But that's not what seems to happen. I'm not totally clear on is happening but AT TIMES it seems like if I start the playback when the rotor is already on FASST, it doesn't matter if the roto speed the DAW shows (via a graph) is the slow rotor speed. So I gather the DAW isn't looking backwards for the "latest" CC event (prior to where playback started) and setting it ot that.

But other times it seems not to be doing even that. Sometimes I will play two CC events and it seems to change the rotor speed.

Is there a way around this?
dablick

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More